Leisure Matters Campers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teza80

Hi everyone,

I've got a friend who is looking into these trailers but hasn't been able to find too many reviews...
Does anyone have one? Or have any experience with them?
Any info would be great :)

Leisure Matters

blake 20

Hi everyone,

I've got a friend who is looking into these trailers but hasn't been able to find too many reviews...
Does anyone have one? Or have any experience with them?
Any info would be great :)

Leisure Matters
hi
im also looking at buying a leisure matters camper just wondering if your friends ended up buying one and what they think of it.

wcj

I had one and it was very poor quality. I had to get it completely re wired as the wiring was unsafe. All the joins in the wiring harness were only twisted together. The electric brakes locked up on me while I was on the freeway. The water tank leaked, the clips on the poles broke, zips broke on the tent, I had to tighten all the nuts and bolts on the trailer as they were loose ( before I even used it), the side tap didn't work and the list goes on! I had to spend a fortune on mine just so I could get it roadworthy and usable! What about their warranty you ask?? Pfftt they didn't want to know about my issues! They palmed me off to a guy that only speaks broken English and then we lost contact. In the end I didn't have the time or patients to continue to chase them.
So my suggestion is to spend a little extra and buy something that's is of decent quality. It will save you a lot of money and hassle in the long run.

Leisurematters

I had one and it was very poor quality. I had to get it completely re wired as the wiring was unsafe. All the joins in the wiring harness were only twisted together. The electric brakes locked up on me while I was on the freeway. The water tank leaked, the clips on the poles broke, zips broke on the tent, I had to tighten all the nuts and bolts on the trailer as they were loose ( before I even used it), the side tap didn't work and the list goes on! I had to spend a fortune on mine just so I could get it roadworthy and usable! What about their warranty you ask?? Pfftt they didn't want to know about my issues! They palmed me off to a guy that only speaks broken English and then we lost contact. In the end I didn't have the time or patients to continue to chase them.
So my suggestion is to spend a little extra and buy something that's is of decent quality. It will save you a lot of money and hassle in the long run.
G'day wcj, pity you had such a crap experience with our trailers. We have over 2000 trailers in the market hearing things like this are VERY dissapointing.

I have had my LM trailer for over 2 years, without issue.

Where was the tank leaking from? Would more thread tape fix the issue?

Anyway if you still have the trailer and want these issues addressed feel free to call me.

Sent from my iPad4 using Tapatalk

wcj

G'day wcj, pity you had such a crap experience with our trailers. We have over 2000 trailers in the market hearing things like this are VERY dissapointing.

I have had my LM trailer for over 2 years, without issue.

Where was the tank leaking from? Would more thread tape fix the issue?

Anyway if you still have the trailer and want these issues addressed feel free to call me.

The tank was leaking due to the tank not being positioned properly and the shackle bolt on the suspension rubbed a hole in the side of the tank.
I carried out numerous repairs and adjustments myself and then i sold the trailer for a HUGE loss.
I contacted LM numerous times regarding warranty and i got palmed off every time!

Leisurematters

Must of been rubbing a while. It's unfortunate we weren't able to serve you better.

Who were you speaking to?

wcj

I had only used it once and then i noticed the leak.

I was speaking to a guy by the name of Tony. He claimed that he was one of the owners of the business.
It was really poor service that i received and at the end of the day owning one of your camper trailers ended up costing me a lot of money!...

petercj1974

Mine was a heap of rubbish. Way to many things to list. Full rewire, re seal , reweld , re pop rivet. The wheels/Tyres where the only things that didn't need attention in the 5000km or so that I did with it. Every time we took it our some broke on it.

Leisurematters

The products come with a 12m warranty on the tent and 2 years on the trailer.

If you break thing and choose to fix it yourself, how is that our problem?

No Tony is not, and has never been anything more than a worker, and has not been with the company for quite a while now.

Why did owning our trailer "cost you lots of money"?

wcj

The products come with a 12m warranty on the tent and 2 years on the trailer.

If you break thing and choose to fix it yourself, how is that our problem?

No Tony is not, and has never been anything more than a worker, and has not been with the company for quite a while now.

Why did owning our trailer "cost you lots of money"?

I called Tony with a list of issues that needed addressing and i claimed that your warranty should cover it. He then gave me a huge run around and then he refused to return my calls. Therefore i had to sort out the issues and pay for them myself... This is why owning one of your trailers "cost me a lot of money"

wcj

No, The water tank wasn't the only issue. See my first post.
And yes i paid Tony Cash! He gave me a hand written receipt and that was it.
When i went and registered the trailer the RTA kept my receipt. I asked Tony for another copy to keep on my file, But surprise surprise... I never saw it.

Leisurematters

Yeah I see.

For that I apologise. As I said, tony is no longer with us, and all receipts are issued with a sales number, not a hand written receipt. Is there any chance you can send me a photo of it?

Cheers

wcj

As I said, tony is no longer with us, and all receipts are issued with a sales number, not a hand written receipt. Is there any chance you can send me a photo of it?
It looks like i may not be the only one that Tony has ripped off! :mad:
Like i said, When i registered the trailer the RTA kept my receipt. I asked Tony send me a copy of the receipt for me to keep on file (it was written in a receipt book so he should of had a carbon copy) but i never saw it.

Leisurematters

Yeah ok. I will look into it.

And no, your not alone.

Maybe the topic heading a should be "tony ripped me off"

03hilux

It looks like i may not be the only one that Tony has ripped off! :mad:
Like i said, When i registered the trailer the RTA kept my receipt. I asked Tony send me a copy of the receipt for me to keep on file (it was written in a receipt book so he should of had a carbon copy) but i never saw it.
Have you tried asking the RTA for a copy of the reciept? Im sure if you ask them stating you are seeking a warranty claim, they should be able to help out.

wcj

Have you tried asking the RTA for a copy of the reciept? Im sure if you ask them stating you are seeking a warranty claim, they should be able to help out.
It was over a year ago that i submitted the paperwork to the RTA, Since then i have also sold the trailer.
I am no longer trying to claim warranty (i gave up on that a while ago). Plus my warranty being declined wasn't due to the fact that i didn't have a receipt.

The unfortunate issue with dodgy staff members is that it reflects more on the Business than the actual staff member. The Business has to take responsibility for the staff member's actions. Good staff are hard to find!
I do wish you luck with getting to the bottom of this though.

petercj1974

It looks like this guy did a cashie but that doesn't excuse the poor quality of the campers. The guy I dealt with in Sydney was great. But that didn't change the fact that my camper was rubbish. I got so annoyed of something breaking every time I used it that I sold cheap just so I could forget about it and move on. I showed all faults to the new buyer.
I saw another leisure matters camper trailer near my place. I payed them a visit to find there camper was worse than mine.
I would never buy another one of these.
I could post up photos of faults before its first use but I won't . Embarrassing to the seller.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.