Legal Tire Size

DirtyJeep

I'm looking at putting some new tires on my Jeep. What are the current restrictions on oversize tires? I am also under the impression the current size limit is under review. If anyone has got any idea, or suggestions ...

Thanks

x [Heels] x

Please don't get this tyre thing happening again! Please talk to your local tyre shop... LOL if you go down the list, you will find another thread about tyres sizes ETC and it just gets OUTTA hand! Gar!

If anyone does have any suggestions, REMEMBER EACH TO THEIR OWN! Everyone can have a opinion!!!

>_<

Sharky

It wasn't a question of opinion....he just wants the truth.

Over here in WA, if u ask the cops they'll tell u 1 thing but then if u ask dep't of transport, they'll give u another story.......it sucks but I think as long as your speedo is recalibrated to suit & there is clearance under the guards, u r pretty safe. I've never heard of anyone over here getting done for tyre size but they do tend to pick on susp height sometimes.

The legal requirement should be able to be veiwed on your state's transport dep't website. Happy hunting.

I hope that is unbiased enuf not to stir the pot :)

x [Heels] x

Which is what i was saying... everyone says something different... therefore you should seek "professional" advice, not people on the net that are just going to keep the thread going which is what you just did as we had already told him where he can go to find the advice YOU JUST GAVE HIM!

>_<