LED light bars

MALIBL

Is it illegal to mount a 42" LED Light Bar on my roof racks in VIC
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=..._AUICSgB&biw=768&bih=928#imgrc=Km9H9E4apnmE-M:
I read this article the other day
http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/heard-thats-illegal-driving-lights/
Ive seen a lot of 4WDs with HID round spot lights in the middle of the bullbar and the led light bar mounted on top of the bullbar (which apparently is illegal?)
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=..._AUICSgB&biw=768&bih=928#imgrc=vrnnXx3CnH3ZWM:

CaptainBanana

Hmmm, problem soon to be solvered, pretty sure this will do the trick :)

View attachment 43601 .

How did you go with this? Were you happy with it? I'm about to do mine finally and wanted to use their light bar to match their type x driving lights I have already. The driving lights are good on dark narrow roads but I find on open spaces they're not so great. I'm just trying to decide what width and whether to get a straight or curved bar. I do find these less powerful than some 55w hid I ran on my last car but they're also less blinding on signs.

Jason Watt

I use the 6" units from 4X4 SupaCentre as zombie lights tucked up behind my X Rox bull bar.
Frequently been sub-H2O, always turned on as daytime running lights and keep on keeping on for over 2 years now.
Ran the VHC with only these during heavy fog and could see the track sides easily with all other lights causing blindness turned off.
About $20 a pair.

Attachments

• Zombie 1.JPG
    Zombie 1.JPG
    308.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Zombie 2.JPG
    Zombie 2.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 109

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
How did you go with this? Were you happy with it? I'm about to do mine finally and wanted to use their light bar to match their type x driving lights I have already. The driving lights are good on dark narrow roads but I find on open spaces they're not so great. I'm just trying to decide what width and whether to get a straight or curved bar. I do find these less powerful than some 55w hid I ran on my last car but they're also less blinding on signs.

Sorry, missed your question.

Yes very happy with the Stedi 42” curved.
The curve really gets to the normally dead light zones at the side in close to mid range.
The extra light in the close / mid distance out front is also great.

Still have the LF Genesis hids out front for long range there.

I have pics on main computer showing the difference, from low beam through to all on.
Away in Brisbane atm, so send me a pm (conversation) message if you’d like to see these and I’ll remember to post em up here.

Last edited:

phs

Sorry, missed your question.

Yes very happy with the Stedi 42” curved.
The curve really gets to the normally dead light zones at the side in close to mid range.
The extra light in the close / mid distance out front is also great.

Still have the LF Genesis hids out front for long range there.

I have pics on main computer showing the difference, from low beam through to all on.
Away in Brisbane atm, so send me a pm (conversation) message if you’d like to see these and it’ll resume to post em up here.

Les
Your back ?

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Les
Your back ?

Just a small 27w led worklight at the back for reversing . . . Lol, no, I know what you mean mate :) ;)

Maybe a little more.
I’ve always been coming back to answer peoples PMs they send asking questions (I get an email for conversations), only polite to see the alert to the above and reply.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey mate - Trish and I are in Brisvegas at the moment (Eight Mile Plains) - give is a yell and we'll catch up.

Yeah that’s be nice.
I’m at Loganlea, only 10km away, working mid week and Sat morns for 2 more full weeks (Kingston) then drive home for a while for work there.

I have your and Trish’s mobile numbers, not sure if you have mine so I’ll text you, we can firm up a suitable day / time.
I’ve got the Ranger in getting the auto tuned up a bit, get it back Mon or Tues, thinking of testing on some tracks before heading home, maybe a weekender, you 2 might be keen ?

boobook

I really want to buy a LED bar. But apart from 4wding off road at night or driving really windy roads like coming home from the high country at night I can't see what they do well. They tend to throw lots of light in every direction. I haven't seen one that throws a good long spot light. Lots of close light makes it less safe on an open road as your eyes adjust to the extra light.

I don't even think they look cool.anymore. Too many cheapies just for looks.But they block less air before the radiator.

Does anyone know of a good light bar that is a spot pattern?

Last edited:

Bomber2012

I really want to buy a LED bar. But apart from 4wding off road at night or driving really windy roads like coming home from the high country at night I can't see what they do well. They tend to throw lots of light in every direction. I haven't seen one that throws a good long spot light. Lots of close light makes it less safe on an open road as your eyes adjust to the extra light.

I don't even think they look cool.anymore. Too many cheapies just for looks.But they block less air before the radiator.

check out the Stedi black-x spot lights
https://www.stedi.com.au/stedi-type...96kMJe1FCudyXEfaW_m7KwbNtn9D_QyRoCF-YQAvD_BwE

phs

I have been looking into spread / spots over the field for LED lights. As I am about to purchase some lights,

All the Baja designs " racer " lights are a fairly concentrated spot

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/OnX6-Racer-Edition-High-Speed-Spot-LED-Light-Bars.asp

They also make the LP9 round led lights as well, non of there lights are cheap but you get quality