Change background image

LED light bars

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by Les PK Ranger, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Anyone noticed good deals recently on quality LED light bars ?

IP67 or IP68 would be fine for what I do, any deeper and I'm in more trouble than leaking lights !! :D

Looking for 2 smaller ones 4" to 6" max to sling under the Lightforce hids, need to angle out a bit and get some light out to the sides more, and in close-ish say to 150m or so.

Could be I don't need the latest or greatest Cree bulbs out there, so might be some good deals going.

I'm in Brissy now, southside, keen to get something for the drive home to Adelaide within the next week or two.
    Came up here to fix some kanga damage, not keen for a repeat if they're about on the way back !! :D

The only thing I should mention is not interested in 4WD SC deals or gear, had enough of their 'service' on my first and final dealing with them recently.

underdog likes this.
  2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

Pretty much anything out there these days is decent but the most common failure is moisture ingress.

eBay is generally my preferred source but likely not suit your timeframe

3. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

4. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

I think he has about finished selling thousands of these so he is wanting to virtually give them away. Is a 22 inch , Check out IP rating 68 and 336 watts:eek:. I bought one cheap for around $137.00 a couple of months ago and now selling for $104.00 :eek:. Bloody bright as anything and goes a long way and wide and high. Has lots of different sizes I believe, check out his site.
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/sunyeetrading/Osram-/_i.html?_fsub=6327850016

5. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

I am looking at monster leds in Vic just because they are the only low profile ones i can find that are not $$$$$$ for baja etc

6. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

4WD supacentre :eek::eek::D:D have cheap LED's

Jason Watt likes this.
  7. akin

akin Active Member

HI Les I used these on the old 76 for much the same purpose and also as daytime running lights might not be bright enough but certainly threw some light out the side. Small enough to fit pretty well anywhere and bugger all current draw.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-6inch...084943?hash=item3cd033ab8f:g:zfIAAOSwZVlXs7Xe

If after something with some more lumens being lightforce are not cheap but if they anything like my lightforce spotties should be a quality unit.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LIGHTFOR...581853?hash=item464766101d:g:SHoAAOSwFV9XzP9a

Cheers

8. akin

akin Active Member

9. mac_man_luke

Stedi seem to make good gear, my brother has a set of their spotties and they are well built with a few nice touches most others don't have.
    Good warranty too.

akin likes this.
  10. Les PK Ranger

Thanks all for the tips.
    Had a good look on eBay, found these that look good with decent specs.
    eBay seller SunyeeTrading

They seem to be flood / spot, pair of 30w 6" low profile should work ok, what do people think ??

Suppose hard to go wrong for $24.50 for the pair !!

Think my son has had good dealings with this seller.

I don't eBay, but there's a phone number there, might call him in the morning and see if I can get a wiring harness for it too, and express post, see if I can just give them details and put on card.

11. Marck

Marck Well-Known Member

Les Aldi have some on sale this week. Aldi seem to get a good rap on the other stuff.

Les PK Ranger likes this.
  12. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Hi Fellas
    I don't think you'll go wrong with either trader... If you want flood I'd be looking at least 60 degrees flood etc.

I went the 10watt globes, single file rather than double for the same result..

Les PK Ranger likes this.
  13. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

That seller is quite good les and have used them several times before. Personally I think they might be a bit small for what you are after
    They would be ok for driving off-road on windy tracks but may not do much at highway speeds
    I have tried that size wattage as replacement fog lights in round style and were no help on the highway

I went a slimline single row 120w bar under my HID spots and are happy with the result, that are not as bright as the bigger bars but give me the spread that I was after

14. mac_man_luke

I had them (but full spot version) for reverse lights on the ranger and they were not bad but pretty short throw and up front wouldnt be real bright.

15. Les PK Ranger

Hmmm think you guys are right.
    I am going to go for a bar, and hope the spread is ok.
    Will get a spot / flood combo, maybe look for a small curved one even.

16. mac_man_luke

With cheap LED bars you will find even a spot bar gives a good spread.
    Only the high end bars e.g. Baja Onx really have any decent spot beam

You have a roof basket don't you? stick a 40" under that and that gives the best fill light. Can get them for around $100 now.

Albynsw likes this.
  17. Les PK Ranger

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Albynsw and mac_man_luke like this.
  18. Albynsw

That looks a better option Les

19. Les PK Ranger

Yeah the 4 spot in the centre and 2 flood each side should do what I want :)
    All up with anti theft nuts kit, and express post $149 odd.
    Should be great light for the size.

20. Albynsw

Think back only 5 years what we were paying for driving lights compared to the prices today o_O

mac_man_luke likes this.