Learning to fly

red hilux

If it’s like the mavic air.

It’s going to be a pain in the butt for a short time. Constant updates.
Then it passes.
L

You will need to do compass calibration when your flying from a new location

It works better with your phone on flight mode. Funny that. Put your phone on flight mode to fly the drone.

red hilux

While learning to fly. Once you start getting the hang of it. Start flying in sports mode, start practicing moving the gimbal around while flying too

If your tracking other cars, say up a dune. You may need to be in sports mode

Make sure you buy a battery strap (not available as a DJI accessory) off Ebay, it stops the battery falling off mid flight - with disastrous results. DJI have upgraded the clip mechanism slightly but have not confirmed it was done to prevent separations, so just to make sure the strap is a good insurance policy. I bought mine for around $3 after mine fell from the sky, but I see they are now around $11 on Ebay. A shield to protect the gimble while in the carry case is also a good idea - again its not an accessory available through DJI.

sharkcaver

Make sure you buy a battery strap (not available as a DJI accessory) off Ebay, it stops the battery falling off mid flight - with disastrous results. DJI have upgraded the clip mechanism slightly but have not confirmed it was done to prevent separations, so just to make sure the strap is a good insurance policy. I bought mine for around $3 after mine fell from the sky, but I see they are now around $11 on Ebay. A shield to protect the gimble while in the carry case is also a good idea - again its not an accessory available through DJI.

What the hell.....batteries falling off, bloody hell. On to that straight away, cheers.

yep, I must have spent $200 on aftermarket gear for it, a gimbal lock being one of those.

And disappointingly, there is very little choice in car chargers for them. Have ordered one of these, hope it works ok:

Attachments

sharkcaver

https://forum.dji.com/thread-172662-1-1.html

You should also get an OTG cable if you are using a android product, it improves the connection between your phone/tablet and the remote considerably. The latest advise also seems to be to switch your device to air plane mode when using the cable.

Yep, had issues on the first day....bloody thing took off on its own. Now connected via otg and seems to have solved that problem. A clacker moment yesterday, flying over the ocean then low battery warning. Do you reckon I could work out the turn direction to home....was getting worried for a bit there.

red hilux

Just play with it. Best way to learn. Once you done that. Practice with the drone

Also. There is a simulator mode. If you want to fly but can’t

red hilux

And disappointingly, there is very little choice in car chargers for them. Have ordered one of these, hope it works ok:
I use my 600w inverter to charge my drone batteries.

I have the fly more combo. Comes with the capacity to charge 4 batteries. Comes out 3 batteries

After a flight. That battery goes on charge. Next battery is loaded

Set you low battery alarm to 30%

Remember. When flying. Take the winds into consideration. Head winds, tail winds.