LandCruiser VDJ76R GXL

Biesel

Going to newness this weekend to camp, so far can't speak highly enough of the ome on road manners. hopefully off road is just as enjoyable.

hiluxdriver

OME 2" with all the trimmings and a Long Ranger tank
Including cable tied shackle I see. I can confirm these pins undo whilst driving, I lost one in the high country. Note: If anyone finds a yellow bow shackle pin in the high contry area, please PM so I can arrange to have it returned.

Very nice looking 76, good list of mods coming along also.

Biesel

Haha, yep zipped it on; have been lucky so far - the only time I lost the whole thing was when I forgot to do it up after tethering the dog to it at a campsite; found it a bit trampled on the road out of Dungog hahaha.

Icom installed! Channel 3 is clear and creepier than ever ;-)

Got to test out the new suspension up Lidsdale last weekend, pretty happy with it - rides super soft and tall.....although the front is now noisy (ARB claim coils are very hard and thus noisy when they grab/stick) giving it another few hundred kays before taking it back if it hasn't gone away; sounds like a cracking gumtree branch going up driveways :mad:

Biesel

Thanks! Silver76 do you have the factory bar with the factory side rails and sliders? if so can you put some pictures up. I am thinking about getting these as well just not 100% sure about the look.

The car had all the bar work on it when I got it but I like the look of it. Always seems to draw attention from other 4by drivers. Where u from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phs

Looks great. Silver 76 I must say GLx rims really look good with a decent set of tyres

A lot of people run 285s on the GLX rims , when I put myn on I measured the rim and it was 7.5" ID and 8" OD.

It had 285/75 on it when I went to buy it , well used tho so part of my bargaining was to replace all 4 tyres with same size. So I'm not sure how easily this size boot fits. But all good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I keep hearing mixed emotions when it comes to bigger tires on the standard rims. Was interested to know.
They're worth a stack of money in saying that. I like black steel rims and still can't believe I sold the gxl rims for as much money as I did.

I'll be sure to wave if I see you! I'm sure we won't miss each other.

No man ever cut himself bearding!

Biesel

Pretty happy with the icom so far actually not as hard to use as I was lead to believe. still getting the hang of what it can do vs my old uniden hand held. defiantly good having a good uhf and a spare hand held should I need it.

Biesel

Yeah, I love the gxl rims and saw that BFG make a 33inch tyre in 255/85r16 which is legally allowed to be fitted to a 7inch wide rim. Just not sure how the slightly narrower tyre would feel on road. a lot of people find the 285 tyres make the 70's feel a lot more stable.

Plenty of time to think about it those my 265/75r16 duratracs still have plenty of life in them.