Landcruiser 300 Series

Toyasaurus

I have a large CD collection, 500+.
I ripped the lot to FLAC lossless, for my home system.
I like my music. Streamed from a HDD to a DAC, then the Pre, saves me changing disc`s.
But for the car and phone ( travelling ) I use MP3, copy the FLAC file and convert to MP3.
I have a bunch of small memory sticks in the car, my sony dosen`t like large ones. Sticks that is.
Works for me.

cam04

I like my music. Streamed from a HDD to a DAC, then the Pre, saves me changing disc`s.
But for the car and phone ( travelling ) I use MP3, copy the FLAC file and convert to MP3.
I have a bunch of small memory sticks in the car, my sony dosen`t like large ones. Sticks that is.
Works for me.
Thankyou, yes mine are all on a hard drive I play in manland through a WD tv setup for the menu sizes.
In the Ute I just stream through the phone - I’m lazy.
I scored 3 ( centre and 2 mains ) B and W speakers last week off marketplace at the right price and have been in Covid iso since Wednesday so the timing worked out well. I get a bit of lossless stuff from YouTube but I’m a very amateur audiophile haha.

peterfermtech

Works for me.
Pretty much the same for me although at home I run logitech squeezebox touch and logitech media server. In the car I managed to squeeze about 350 CDs onto the 32GB card which is more than enough to to rotate through.
No sympathy to those that have bought the apple dream only to find they are locked in to propriety software. Much the same as Toyota owners.;)

Toyasaurus

Over the years whilst doing fifo, I used to collect 2 things, movies and music.
I think at last count I had about 1.8TB of mp3 music, enough to last a life time, I still don`t know half of what I have.
Movies there is at a rough guess about 90TB.

Cam, as I said for some reason my Sony dosen`t like large file`s,
I went through some of my music once and came across, The top 100 singles for the years 61- 02,
I put about 400 singles copied straight to the usb 12GB.
It plays about 60% then start`s to slow down and then stop`s and starts.
I tried the same usb in RP`s truck and it works fine, he has a Pioneer.
I think I may need a better player.

PS.
I wouldn`t ever play mp3`s through my home HIFI, tried it once sounded so bad,

cam04

Yes the cd/dvd gets used over the hard drive if I’m having a session. I find the YouTube lossless stuff pretty good. The WD tv drive has the odd movie in it also. My Downstairs tv is Sony also and is the main reason I went with the WD. It couldn’t cope with much of anything file size wise.

Toyasaurus

I sold my CD player about 5yrs ago.
I use a Bluesound node2 for music at home, to a DAC/DSD, to a valve pre, to a class A amp.
The idiot box at home just gets used for DVD`s, I don`t stream anything.
Sooner or later I`m hoping to get a streamer to attach a NAS drive too.

cam04

You are many more rungs further up the sonic ladder than I mate. I’ve no doubt it sounds pretty special.

boobook

Thankyou, yes mine are all on a hard drive I play in manland through a WD tv setup for the menu sizes.
In the Ute I just stream through the phone - I’m lazy.
I scored 3 ( centre and 2 mains ) B and W speakers last week off marketplace at the right price and have been in Covid iso since Wednesday so the timing worked out well. I get a bit of lossless stuff from YouTube but I’m a very amateur audiophile haha.
You're making me cry. I have a nice amp with a pair of B&W 804 D3 floor stand speakers sitting there that never get used. The Sonos is too easy.

They are brilliant speakers.

I'm torn between selling them and getting back into real quality sound again.

Toyasaurus

BB, get rid of the sonos.
The 804`s need a bit of power to really make them sing.
My first set of speakers were B&W DM330`s, lovely sound.
I use a set of Lenehan Audio ML3`s, they weight in at 75kg`s each, hard to move easy to listen too.
Just for the lower bass a set of SVS SB300`s.

Your quite right Cam, it does sound special.
I use the hifi side of my system mainly in the colder month`s, the power amp makes a good heater.

boobook

Oh what a feeling. Toyota even suspends orders, this time because orders are more than supply. 1 1/2 to 2 years.

Bring on that resale value baby .Yeah Baby.

I feel sorry for anyone that needs to buy a 4wd in the foreseeable future. As the only viable contender, Nissan is putting the price up evey few months. and orders are still rushing in like never before. It's getting back to the old 2 horse race. Up from a miserable 50 - 100 per month a few years ago to about 1000 per month now. Let's hope Grenadier steps up as a viable 3rd player.

Last edited:

LongRoad2Go

Oh what a feeling. Toyota even suspends orders, this time because orders are more than supply. 1 1/2 to 2 years.

Bring on that resale value baby .Yeah Baby.

I feel sorry for anyone that needs to buy a 4wd in the foreseeable future. As the only viable contender, Nissan is putting the price up evey few months. and orders are still rushing in like never before. It's getting back to the old 2 horse race. Up from a miserable 50 - 100 per month a few years ago to about 1000 per month now. Let's hope Grenadier steps up as a viable 3rd player.
Lots of "If's" too: interest rate and utility services hikes, food increases, and other general cost of living expenses. All these may see a lot of people retrieving their deposits on new vehicle orders when the crunch arrives.

The resale value may be more of a garage sale, as people try to offload all the unnecessary toys they've accrued, to pay off mortgages and credit card interest.

Reckon it will be a long time before the Grenadier proves itself a viable replacement for many who, like me, want a 'farm/mine spec' LC = single cab ute with tray.

When's the next pandemic and invasion due? Just need to adjust the clock! ;)

boobook

The resale value may be more of a garage sale, as people try to offload all the unnecessary toys they've accrued, to pay off mortgages and credit card interest.
Yeah in a logical world that's what I think will happen. But nothing seems to make sense. How can we have the lowest unemployment yet there are supply chain issues, restaurants closed because there is no one to work, yet the number of people without a job is at an all-time high.

This economy seems like it's about to crash. yet everything goes up. I don't get it.

linuxfan66

Yeah in a logical world that's what I think will happen. But nothing seems to make sense. How can we have the lowest unemployment yet there are supply chain issues, restaurants closed because there is no one to work, yet the number of people without a job is at an all-time high.

This economy seems like it's about to crash. yet everything goes up. I don't get it.