Landcruiser 300 Series

Albynsw

Had a poke around a Sahara at the dealers yesterday, the drivetrain is the big change the rest is a morph of a 200. Typical of Toyota I guess they do everything in baby steps

Toyasaurus

I watched that vid a few days ago.
I must say it was impressive, the TC system seems to be very good.

It looks a heap better with the lift kit and bigger tyres.

I still think they are going to have problems with the amount of heat generated in the V.

Reactions: CTL

linuxfan66

I watched that vid a few days ago.
I must say it was impressive, the TC system seems to be very good.

It looks a heap better with the lift kit and bigger tyres.

I still think they are going to have problems with the amount of heat generated in the V.
are there any comparable hot vs available right now?

phs

^ surly Toyota have gotten this fundamental basic covered

I know they had DPF Issues etc but it’s an exhaust this is engine design if the hotV is problematic it’s not a simple fix like the DPF

Albynsw

That video was quite impressive but still dont love the TC in those extreme style situations. When he said that lockers are available in the next models up does that mean you have one or the other or you still get TC and lockers?

Reactions: phs

Grinbot

I think that video is slightly incorrect on the lockers situation. From Robert Pepper's YouTube videos on the 300, I'm pretty sure that only the very top spec, GR Sport ($150K!), gets lockers, and you can't option lockers on any of the other models. At least to start with.

To me, the inclusion of lockers only on the hero spec sounds like a product marketing/segmentation thing, and the engineers would have been focused on the traction control system as the "real" solution.

boobook

I think that video is slightly incorrect on the lockers situation. From Robert Pepper's YouTube videos on the 300, I'm pretty sure that only the very top spec, GR Sport ($150K!), gets lockers, and you can't option lockers on any of the other models. At least to start with.

To me, the inclusion of lockers only on the hero spec sounds like a product marketing/segmentation thing, and the engineers would have been focused on the traction control system as the "real" solution.
Agreed. It seems to be a stupid decision to force people up to $150k. But the GR can't take a factory winch. WTF?

Pity Toyota doesn't allow any factory options other than colour. It's a stupid position.

Albynsw

Wow that doesn’t sound real bright, the reality of the situation is the lower base models are more likely to be wanting lockers and the high end ones will be looking for better shopping centre parking aids.

Hopefully they get the message and allow lockers to be an option for all models

red hilux

I see that not having lockers from factory is better.
You can buy the lower spec one. Install street market lockers and save your self like 40k. Or use that 40k to modify it, gvm upgrade etc

Last edited:

phs

That video was quite impressive but still dont love the TC in those extreme style situations. When he said that lockers are available in the next models up does that mean you have one or the other or you still get TC and lockers?
Yes like the Prado Kakadu you have
- Rear locker
- center locker
- CRAWL
- Atrack TC.

all integrated very capable

G_ute

And for the die-hard LC fan.
Love Casio and particularly the G-Shock but this is one massive watch.

GWG-2000TLC-1AJR-TOYOTA-LAND-CRUISER.jpg

shanegtr

Good traction control systems in my experience take a bit of a learning curve to get used to - the crappy systems (like ones in many work utes I've driven) are terrible and not much chop. But when driven correctly I've found TC can be very close to a locker in performance (at least in my vehicle thats the case)