Landcruiser 300 Series

Rusty Panels

Here’s one i prepared a whole lot earlier (late 80’s early 90’s?). That kid turned 50 on the weekend.
this was a common style of full cage with integrated rack, rear bumper and running boards all bolted direct to the chassis for load bearing and a couple of body points to keep it braced. I carried some stupid weight up there when I was an apprentice chippy.
Transferring this sort of ‘engineering’ onto a modern vehicle would be fraught with danger. But since you asked the question, not completely impossible. It would be a compliance, insurance nightmare though.
View attachment 72150
I had one very similar in Hot mustard colour. Mine was a 1.0 litre and wouldn't pull a greasy stick from a pigs rectum. Would climb a brick wall but flat out at 60kph if you were travelling against the wind. Definitely a love hate relationship!

boobook

CTL

Ouch if you ordered one.
Yep, work colleague got an email from his dealer, not looking good.

Albynsw

Just speaking with my dealer, the 300’s are coming. They have 3 demos in their dealership now and quietly confident some customers will have theirs pre Christmas. If you order one now wait times are 12 months plus with the current backlog and can blow out even more depending on what dealer you buy from and what model, colour and options you choose.
Will be good to see them out and about and what people think of them. Nice to be talking cars rather than viruses for a change

peterfermtech

It's time you blokes came out of the shadows, throw away your flares, body shirts and platform shoes and realise that stayin alive isn't the best bit of music ever written.

discomatt

Friends of ours just ordered a new Subaru, will have it by Christmas, not a long wait for everything, even Defenders are now out to a 9 month wait for specific order apparently which I find a little bizarre, I would have thought sales would be minimal for the Defer given the build quality...

cam04

Just speaking with my dealer, the 300’s are coming. They have 3 demos in their dealership now and quietly confident some customers will have theirs pre Christmas. If you order one now wait times are 12 months plus with the current backlog and can blow out even more depending on what dealer you buy from and what model, colour and options you choose.
Will be good to see them out and about and what people think of them. Nice to be talking cars rather than viruses for a change
Saw one yesterday driving around springwood.
The white fence paint right across the grille badge might have worked for the 'throwback' FJ Cruisers, but on a Sahara it looks about as right as a sawn off stormwater downpipe snorkel.
The only thing I can think of is that the marketing department is going to start selling blackout kits and they are 'creating the need'. Seriously poor. Other than that it looks like a rehashed 200.

Rusty Panels

I think I just saw one down the coast! I could be wrong but it certainly looked like one. Not terribly impressive, looked like a steam train that had hit something at speed. Big flat front with little character. If that's a 300 I reckon they got it wrong!