Landcruiser 300 Series

McGinnis

It's almost every vehicle at this point. We can't even replace our work fleet vehicles right now because there's so little available.

boobook

It looks like there is more aluminium than previously discussed here.

I don't know about anyone else, but on many occasions, I have scraped the front panels or doors, or got a large branch flicking up into the doors with a big bang. I'm (usually!) surprised how little damage is done when I get out and look at it. I can't see myself being so lucky with aluminium panels. It would look like crap if actually used in these conditions. I remember my old Landrover had minor dents and pop marks everywhere but that was part of its character, and probably mostly my fault back then anyway. The panes were mounted with bolts and rivets and were a breeze to swap out.

This article confirms what my panel beater said about Aluminium. An insurance nightmare. Doh.

At least there is still a steel chassis to solidly take accessories like bullbars, and allow mods in the 300 but this seems far from ideal.

Last edited:

LurchWA

I cannot wait to see what arrives on the dock with the 300 and will give it the benefit of the doubt upon driving one. That said I may wait till they have ironed out any issues before I buy one. Cousin recently bought a Chevy to tow his toys are didn't get much change from 170K though did save on not having to pay LCT. Too wide for most of the tracks he was hitting with his Ranger .

Last edited by a moderator:

boobook

Now the wait is up to 4 years for the 300. I am sure these journo's just make stuff up.

A used 200 series will be worth $1M by the time the 300 is delivered. LOL

Albynsw

Maybe it is Toyota‘s competitive spirit coming out showing LR that they can even make buyers wait longer for their vehicles than what LR did with the release of the new Defender :p

Albynsw

No doubt there are a lot of hurt emotions over on the lkool-aid forum.

Just read on Koolaid that 29 GR 300 have landed at Fremantle.

Another has a delivery date confirmed for mid November. Paid 150k for a GR with a couple of basic extras :oops: :oops: :oops:

discomatt

4 years, By then we are expecting the 400 series l/c
Not a chance, those that can look at facts and history will soon realise the all new 300, sorry face lifted with a few changes 300, will be here until 2035 when ICE are no longer sold.
Then Toyota will chuck some big batteries in it and 4 prius electrical motors, another massive move in the world of Toyota

Albynsw

Not a chance, those that can look at facts and history will soon realise the all new 300, sorry face lifted with a few changes 300, will be here until 2035 when ICE are no longer sold.
Then Toyota will chuck some big batteries in it and 4 prius electrical motors, another massive move in the world of Toyota

Matt you could get a job with Toyota now that you understand their philosophy. It is all baby steps at Toyota