Land Rover Discovery 3

shanegtr

Maybe the newer ones, the old 2.7 like mine just pick up a territory motor. Or just consider scrapping the whole thing and replacing it

dirvine

My comments were based on the fact that a problem is highlighted by the cars systems, and the OP said he would find the cause of the problem "eventually". If my car started to loose water and I became aware of it, I would stop and find where it was leaking, not just drive on "and find the problem eventually". Eventually maybe too late. Even if a LR motor is cheap to replace, (or put in a territory motor) (ha ha just look on AULRO website for all the issues there) I would rather find the problem and fix it that have to replace a motor.

shanegtr

My comments were based on the fact that a problem is highlighted by the cars systems, and the OP said he would find the cause of the problem "eventually". If my car started to loose water and I became aware of it, I would stop and find where it was leaking, not just drive on "and find the problem eventually". Eventually maybe too late. Even if a LR motor is cheap to replace, (or put in a territory motor) (ha ha just look on AULRO website for all the issues there) I would rather find the problem and fix it that have to replace a motor.
I never said the cars system highlighted the problem

shanegtr

It's been a while since I've done an update on my D3. This time its nothing more exciting than new boots. I've decided not to get another set of toyos as I feel the wet bitumen performance really let them down. All up I travelled 92,000km on the toyos(rotated through 6 tyres so each tyre only done around 65000). So replaced with falken AT3W after reading good reviews everywhere (was a toss up between them and Pirelli AT plus, but no one I rang had any stock of them) and also moved up a size from 265/65/17 to 265/70/17 which is about as big as I can go without any rubbing when the air suspension is lowered. So far they have been good and it's only taken a couple of hours to determine they are better on wet bitumen than the toyos

Attachments

• IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    489 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    535.5 KB · Views: 61

CaptainBanana

It's been a while since I've done an update on my D3. This time its nothing more exciting than new boots. I've decided not to get another set of toyos as I feel the wet bitumen performance really let them down. All up I travelled 92,000km on the toyos(rotated through 6 tyres so each tyre only done around 65000). So replaced with falken AT3W after reading good reviews everywhere (was a toss up between them and Pirelli AT plus, but no one I rang had any stock of them) and also moved up a size from 265/65/17 to 265/70/17 which is about as big as I can go without any rubbing when the air suspension is lowered. So far they have been good and it's only taken a couple of hours to determine they are better on wet bitumen than the toyos

These are actually well regarded by users and all my local tyre shops - apparently a really decent all terrain. I was shopping for them only 8 weeks ago in your exact size but decided to go a little more aggressive again. Will be keen to hear what you think after a few miles.

shanegtr

Just recently changed the engine oil cooler on my Disco, and unusually for youtube I couldnt find any specific info for doing the job on the 2.7TD engine. So I figured I'd video the job and post it up.