Land Rover defender vs Ineos Grenadier New 4WDs for Australia

What would you buy - Defender or Grenadier?

• Land Rover Defender

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Ineos Grenadier

Votes: 42 89.4%

• Total voters

discomatt

Getting closer, cant wait for these things to become available , looking very good so far, just need to wait on the reliability verdict and the aftermarket parts such as bull bar , roof rack and most importantly for me a long range tank options

boobook

Getting closer, cant wait for these things to become available , looking very good so far, just need to wait on the reliability verdict and the aftermarket parts such as bull bar , roof rack and most importantly for me a long range tank options
I see they have about 185 authorised service locations and about 35 sales outlets lined up from day 1 across Australia. If they crack that nut it will mean they have the second largest service network in Australia. That makes it very viable.

Matt I reckon the aftermarket industry will be like a dog with two dicks waiting to do after market accessories. Ineos said they want to build an after market eco system. Great attitude.

Albynsw

There is a lot to like about this whole approach and attitude this company has taken and providing they come up with the goods will be a great thing.

The funny part about it is it is probably the most cost effective solution as well in that there is no infrastructure to setup and is basically a franchise system where you are training up and providing support to existing businesses. Everyones a winner including the customer :cool:

Albynsw

It’s a beautiful thing……

B2445562-3827-4D24-B618-DD84716D36A6.jpeg

joshinthecity

I used the downloadable price list to manually price up my Grenadier. As the online configuration tool seems to be down. With a lot of options (all around capability, not luxury etc) it came to $111k.

joshinthecity

Link to the downloadable pricelist is at the bottom of this page

Albynsw

I used the downloadable price list to manually price up my Grenadier. As the online configuration tool seems to be down. With a lot of options (all around capability, not luxury etc) it came to $111k.

That is still a reasonable/ comparable pricepoint to the alternatives

cam04

150 kg max ball weight has early adopters pulling out of the ordering list in considerable numbers. I would assume this would be addressed in short order with a ladder framed vehicle, but that is what it is right now.

boobook

150 kg max ball weight has early adopters pulling out of the ordering list in considerable numbers. I would assume this would be addressed in short order with a ladder framed vehicle, but that is what it is right now.
Wow, that is useless. Is there something that talks about that on the internet? They are saying it tows 3500kg, so that doesn't add up. That would be a show stopper.

cam04

Wow, that is useless. Is there something that talks about that on the internet? They are saying it tows 3500kg, so that doesn't add up. That would be a show stopper.
Yes there is an aust Ineos group on Facebook. They were all over it once the brochure went live yesterday.

edit. Just checked it and Ineos aust have apparently confirmed in writing today that towball is indeed 350kg with 7000 kg GCM - better.

With a few options they look to be $140k odd quite easily but that isn’t eyebrow raising for big wagons in this market.

Last edited:

boobook

Yes there is an aust Ineos group on Facebook. They were all over it once the brochure went live yesterday.

edit. Just checked it and Ineos aust have apparently confirmed in writing today that towball is indeed 350kg with 7000 kg GCM - better.

With a few options they look to be $140k odd quite easily but that isn’t eyebrow raising for big wagons in this market.

Apparenty the showcase drives were cancelled for tomorrow. It had a problem. Doh.

Also interesting about the comments about the interior size or lack thereof too. I configured mine up on that configuration. $122K Plus bullbar plus roof rack plus on road costs apparently. I didn't go crazy either.

discomatt

still haven't configured one to see how much, I don't want to put a dampener on it yet, when I do it will be the 2 seater, basic as I can get with front and rear lockers, all other upgrades will be added as I need them by me, well thats the line of thinking so far, much could change when I can actually drive one as it did last time I was looking at my ultimate tourer build.

boobook

still haven't configured one to see how much, I don't want to put a dampener on it yet, when I do it will be the 2 seater, basic as I can get with front and rear lockers, all other upgrades will be added as I need them by me, well thats the line of thinking so far, much could change when I can actually drive one as it did last time I was looking at my ultimate tourer build.

LOL Give it a go Matt. It's a similar experience to the LR option list.

I started basic, but they have put a lot of thought into it to drive the useful options up.

I'll just start with the diff locks. Oh but if I get them, I should logically get the sliders. Oh If I do that, the off-road pack is not much more and is a lot better value with the other inclusions. Oh I see that I am nearly at the price of the next model up, and I get the pre-wiring and tow pack. $10K of useful options for $5K

So on and so on.

Last edited: