Land Cruiser Front Hub Kit Advice

Hello, I have a 1995 FZJ75 Cruiser and she is leaking from the front hubs. I’ve been told you can get kits for the front end of these things which I actually found here https://www.onlineautoparts.com.au/products/ZPN-01800.action? $138.55 for the kit with wheel bearings for both sides and Jap bearings. Has anyone bought one before? Price seems to cheap comparing to Repco that sell a similar kit without wheel bearings for $185. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this mob and their parts.

Cheers Dobo.

Petunia

I bought my front end bits through them, if it unbolted or unscrewed it was replaced, all those bits have 2year 20,000 warranty they were cheap, maybe they are not as heavy duty, but they all have grease in them now, I still like grease, I just hate grease guns, even bought an air operated grease gun from them, then discover after all those years swearing, some can't had installed the 3 little collets on the manual grease gun round the wrong way?

I experienced a P.I.A. being first time customer, proving I was not using a stolen card. After that though, they had the order picked packed VERY well and shipped, post haste ... I was happy as nearest delivery point for me is 80klm away.

They will get my repete business. :cool:

That kit is a pretty common one through a lot of aftermarket places.
Koyo bearings are quite reliable. I have used that kit in previous cruisers I've owned and plenty of customers vehicles.

Things to take note of...
Ensure the seals and plates are in the correct order, otherwise this can lead to early seal failure or straight out not sealing.
Make sure you follow the procedure for king pin bearing tension correctly. It pays to recheck this after 5-10,000kms.
Same goes for wheel bearings however check adjustment no later than 5,000km.

I bought my front end bits through them, if it unbolted or unscrewed it was replaced, all those bits have 2year 20,000 warranty they were cheap, maybe they are not as heavy duty, but they all have grease in them now, I still like grease, I just hate grease guns, even bought an air operated grease gun from them, then discover after all those years swearing, some can't had installed the 3 little collets on the manual grease gun round the wrong way?

I experienced a P.I.A. being first time customer, proving I was not using a stolen card. After that though, they had the order picked packed VERY well and shipped, post haste ... I was happy as nearest delivery point for me is 80klm away.

They will get my repete business. :cool:
Oh, awesome sounds like its worth a try. Thanks for the response.

Setting up the hub so its central is more important than the quality of the parts. You could use the most expensive kit but if its not assembled correctly with the hub central and preload correct its most likely to leak. Some of the better kits use inner axle seals like the Marlin Crawler seals which can handle more misalignment.

I have bought plenty of their kits and had no problems.

I won't buy anything Repco brand as I have had numerous problems of faults in manufacturing.
Oh cool. Glad to hear someone has fitted a few of their kits. I just bought the kit as they have a 20% off Black Friday sale.