Kurrajong heights to Bilpin via Burralow CPA

cloughcarib

I took the kids on a bit of a cruise today down Burralow Ridge fire trail to the Burralow camping and picnic area, and then back out along Pattersons ridge fire trail to come out near Bilpin.

I heard about the trail via some comments made by another member and I'm very glad I went for a drive out there.

The drive was on well maintained roads with some incredible views.

The campground down the bottom is large with numerous wood BBQ's. One old toilet has a letter attached to the door apologising for it's condition(justified), the other tiolet is in very good condition.

We couldn't find the waterfall (the track split off after about 15mins of walking) but enjoyed a beautiful drive, short walk and a quiet lunch.

cameron

I took the kids on a bit of a cruise today down Burralow Ridge fire trail to the Burralow camping and picnic area, and then back out along Pattersons ridge fire trail to come out near Bilpin.

I heard about the trail via some comments made by another member and I'm very glad I went for a drive out there.

The campground down the bottom is large with numerous wood BBQ's. One old toilet has a letter attached to the door apologising for it's condition(justified), the other tiolet is in very good condition.

We couldn't find the waterfall (the track split off after about 15mins of walking) but enjoyed a beautiful drive, short walk and a quiet lunch.

I'm glad you tried that track, but disappointed that you did not find the waterfall. Try again next time because it is worth the effort. The track to it departs from the bottom end of the camping ground and goes over the creek a couple of times. You know when you are getting close because the temperature drops several degrees; it is quite remarkable. There was not a lot of water coming over on the day that we went there, but still a nice spot

Cam

cloughcarib

Cameron, looking back, it was your discription that made me decide to check it out.

Thank you for the recommendation.

We'll take the kids boots next time not just walking shoes!!

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer

Any pics of the area and campground? Where is this area. Got any GPS coordinates?

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
sounds like a good day trip
some pics would be great, might have to check it out one day

cloughcarib

My camera(phone) is broken so I was just enjoying hanging out with the kids, but we might stay the night there this friday and then head down to the 'Meat 'n' Greet' the next day.

If we do we will take and post pics of the drive and the area.

And the waterfall.

cloughcarib

Spent the night up there Friday night. Only two other groups of campers for the night. Quiet and beautiful spot.

We woke up with ice on the trailer and needing large fire to reliven bones. Took so long to get moving that we ran out of time to look for the waterfall, but at least it's close to home and we can pick a WARM day to check it out.

It was 30mins in down Burralow fire trail(it's listed as this at the bottom, but has a different name at the top, even though it's at the end of burralow rd) and 30mins out up Pattersons ridge fire trail all of it easy driving.

gh4wd

Yes it's a nice spot down there. Used to be able to drive to Burralow from Bowen Mt. but the track was closed off several years ago. Were some excellent tracks off the Paterson Range too but I think they've been closed also :rolleyes:

Blue Dog

Yeah it is a shame that they have closed all the side trails in this area to vehicles some had great views over the valleys.
You can't even tell where most of the hill climbs were.