Kurrajong Discovery Trail

bullfrog

I took my son on this trip about 3 months ago and had a great time:

http://www.greaterbluemountainsdrive.com.au/downloads/notes-kurrajong.pdf

We tried to do it again last weekend but the track from Sams Way down to Comleroy Road (it's called Mountain Lagoon Fire Trail) was closed and had concrete blocks at the entrance. I tried ringing Blue Mountains council to find out why & if/when it would be re-opened but no one could give me an answer.

It's a real shame if it's closed for good as it was a great track for beginners and had some beautiful scenery.

Can anyone shed any light on this?, will it re-open?, or is there someone I can call to voice my opinion on getting it open again?

Cheers,

Martin

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
hi bullfrog
we did mountain lagoon fire trail last weekend on the first nsw meet up
you can find some pics in the trip section
there were concrete blocks at each end and a sign saying 4wd accsess only
we had no prob getting in and had a good day out
cheers

bullfrog

hi bullfrog
we did mountain lagoon fire trail last weekend on the first nsw meet up
you can find some pics in the trip section
there were concrete blocks at each end and a sign saying 4wd accsess only
we had no prob getting in and had a good day out
cheers

Saw the pics, looks like you had a great trip - I'll have to visit the trip section on this site more often as we'd both like to join you all one weekend when you next do something not too difficult!

At the top of the Mountain Lagoon Fire Trail we saw the sign 4WD Access only on the left, but there was also a big sign on the other side of the track saying Road Closed which is why we didn't go there. Should that be interpreted that the road is closed to all vehicles other than 4WD's?.

Looking at the DECC website there is no mention of the Mountain Lagoon track being closed but I don't want to go there & get booked by some over zealous park ranger.

My son is really keen to do this track again so I hope it is in fact still open.

Cheers

Juggs

i ran in here today to see what it was like before i dragged the camper trailer in

no ruts or wash outs, quite large mounds to channel water off the track

poured down on the way out making it a little more interesting and now i got to wash the car for a customer lunch tomorrow :)

came in off burralow road ranger was down there mowing the lawn he said to take the bilpin exit as it was easier but i read it was shut so took the burralow rd exit again

Last edited: