Kings 120W solar blanket. Any feedback?

Marck

I have looked high and low and these guys are by far the best deal out there for a solar blanket. Has anyone actually got one that can offer any feed back ?

Thanks
M

I’ve owned one for a little over 6 months. Only been used on 3 or 4 occasions but I’ve had no troubles at all. Puts out 4-5 amps in decent Queensland sun. Shade affects the output drastically, but all solar panels are like that. The quality of the fabric and stitching is a little mediocre... it’s not like it’s falling apart or anything, I’ve just noticed the odd loose thread or two. Obviously being a cheap product, I am very gentle with it, but I’m expecting it to last for years and years. My 15kg toddler has walked over it a couple of times arghh!!! But no damage done.

The regulator is basic but seems to do its job very well.

If you have any specific questions, I’m happy to help.

Marck

Ok so it looks like it performs like an old 80w BP solar panel I have. That puts out just under 4.5 amps. But I am happy with that performance for the price. I might bite the bullet and give one a shot. I won’t be using the supplied regulator so I could pick up a little performance there.

Thanks for the info.
M

Marck

On eBay and signing up to that ebay plus trial I paid $269 delivered. It was going to be about $20 more to buy from the website but they where throwing in a led strip light with it. But I have plenty of lights . Also this way if they screw me around with delivery or whatever I can raise the dispute with ebay and get my money back.

When it turns up I will give it a test and report back.

Choook

Why are these things so bloody expensive? I guess it will be like all new tech, prices will start to come down when everyone has one (like colour tvs did) (yes I remember the start of colour tv in Australia, stop laughing) once they are not selling well anymore prices will fall.

billolga

4x4 Earth Contributer

Marck

So after a bit of testing I can only seem to get 4.5 amps out of it. I was expecting more. Max output is quoted at around 7 amps. I gave them a call and they said they will replace it but I don’t have time before I leave for a trip so I will have to make do for now and replace it when I get home. As it is it has the same output as my 80w so I am no worse of but have the ability to pack it away now and free up roof space.