Change background image

King GPS dashcam

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ken bailey, Apr 25, 2018.

1. ken bailey

ken bailey New Member

Hi All
    I've been trying to work out how I download where I've been. all the vid's tells you can but not how too.
    can anyone enlighten me on how I go about it please. do I need software?
    (I have the Kings dashcam from supacentre)
    thanks in advance. Ken

2. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Ken.
    I can't help sorry as I won't buy kings stuff

3. Minelabmaster

Minelabmaster Member

G’day Ken and welcome to Earth:)
    Not sure about the Kings dash cam but I’m sure there pretty much all the same.
    I have found the easiest way to access your videos is to remove the sd card and insert into laptop “you will require a card reader “
    Then open the folder mine reads as f drive.
    You will probably have a file called DCIM,
    Open and select Movies, from here you should see all your videos.
    I have found that mine play best through VLC Media Player.:)
    Hope you get it sorted.

4. Ditch

Ditch Member

G`day Ken,
    I was given one of those dashcams for christmas last year. Take the SD card out & insert in computer. On the card will be 5 folders.

DCIM - Videos - Media Player Classic - https://mpc-hc.org/ works well for viewing videos.
    GPS - Recorded GPS tracks These are recorded in CSV (Comma Separated Verse) & will need to be converted to GPX or KML (Google Maps) to view. An online converter can be found here - http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input . Each track will be the same length as the corresponding video.
    IMAG - Still images
    PARK - Video from the parking sensor
    PLAYER - Software to view what you have recorded. Will ask you to install Quicktime 7. Supposed to show the video alongside the the GPS track in google maps but I tried mine this morning & the map section would not work.

Would be interested to see how your recorded GPS tracks go. Mine & a mates are rubbish, start out ok then jump all over the place.