Kids anti-fight device

dno67

We carried a wooden spoon in the front seats on a recent very long haul.

Kinetic Stimulus is a good deterrent when all else failed, don't care what anyone says about the way we handle pint sized dictators in the back seat.
The victim to be flogged, alway has to sit behind the driver. Far easier to get a good strike on a diagonal, than turning 180° and launching a striking behind.

Last edited:
Geez - I didn’t think this would create such a stir....
The platform is attached (tightly) by the centre seat belt, and the esky is attached to the platform by its handle (but I will modify it before being used again, as in a roll-over I think it will easily rip off...)
The anti-fight comments were half tongue-in-cheek as the kids do very well for the drive... By moving the esky forward instead of against the back of the seat (again held in by the centre seat belt), I can reach in for a water / snack without having to ask one of the kids at 1am..., and it gives them more room for a drink holder etc....
The kids do have pillows / throw rugs that are brought along in the car for the trip (these are held under the roof lining by a Boab net - (maybe this could cause an entanglement issue, so I won’t be showing what I have done here....).
Anyway, I think I will leave this thread where it is...

Geez - I didn’t think this would create such a stir....
The platform is attached (tightly) by the centre seat belt, and the esky is attached to the platform by its handle (but I will modify it before being used again, as in a roll-over I think it will easily rip off...)
The anti-fight comments were half tongue-in-cheek as the kids do very well for the drive... By moving the esky forward instead of against the back of the seat (again held in by the centre seat belt), I can reach in for a water / snack without having to ask one of the kids at 1am..., and it gives them more room for a drink holder etc....
The kids do have pillows / throw rugs that are brought along in the car for the trip (these are held under the roof lining by a Boab net - (maybe this could cause an entanglement issue, so I won’t be showing what I have done here....).
Anyway, I think I will leave this thread where it is...
Don't stress about it, A kids safety seat is held down in a similar manner, everyone has an opinion, only you know how sturdy it is, how well attached/fixed down it is. And only you ( and the other half) have to be happy with it and satisfied that the risks are minimal.

Yes, and I think the rest of us were just having a joke about our kids. Pretty sure most of us with young kids has a few pillows in the back and tries not to do anything to deliberately kill them. Bet you are constantly amazed at how much food collects under your gadget! I enjoyed the thread (must be because I'm an idiot) and it did make me go and measure my kayaks.
Cheers
PP

darb

Yes, and I think the rest of us were just having a joke about our kids. Pretty sure most of us with young kids has a few pillows in the back and tries not to do anything to deliberately kill them. Bet you are constantly amazed at how much food collects under your gadget! I enjoyed the thread (must be because I'm an idiot) and it did make me go and measure my kayaks.
Cheers
PP
Couple years ago now I was cleaning out the 4wd are a huge trip with lots of 4wding

Started to clean the back seats of the leftover bits of sandwiches, apple, pizza shapes , god knows what else.
Heathens!

But the worst bit was I discovered the sons kid seat was very easy to move and clean under, owing to it not being actually strapped in to start with :oops:

Couple years ago now I was cleaning out the 4wd are a huge trip with lots of 4wding

Started to clean the back seats of the leftover bits of sandwiches, apple, pizza shapes , god knows what else.
Heathens!

But the worst bit was I discovered the sons kid seat was very easy to move and clean under, owing to it not being actually strapped in to start with :oops:
Well, why wouldn't you keep food for later??? Reminds me of my mate's wife - walked into the bathroom to find her 3yr son as pleased as punch with himself for finding a cup to get his own drink of water from that big white bowl... leaning against it on his elbow drinking away with a big grin.

Kids seats are scary - amazing that the flipping action on the capsules actually does work. It's amazing what you can overlook and be lucky to get away with. Still remember my dad being angryman about the govt bringing in rules to make him fit seatbelts to our HR.
Cheers
PP