Kids anti-fight device

Hi all,
Hear is a photo of a platform I made to seperate the kids for our 18hr drive to Exmouth for the holidays... it locks the esky in place EXACTLY in the middle of the rear seat, provides a couple of drink holders for the kids, and some flat storage... also, once we arrived and the esky is out, it provides a great junk storage area!
It was a rush job, and there is a fair bit of wasted space, but it is a success as there were no space wars on the drive!
I will modify it in time, and will update it here!!
AAD69034-C828-4D7E-A49F-1C1A6A27E2E1.jpeg

CruiserAd

Hi all,
Hear is a photo of a platform I made to seperate the kids for our 18hr drive to Exmouth for the holidays... it locks the esky in place EXACTLY in the middle of the rear seat, provides a couple of drink holders for the kids, and some flat storage... also, once we arrived and the esky is out, it provides a great junk storage area!
It was a rush job, and there is a fair bit of wasted space, but it is a success as there were no space wars on the drive!
I will modify it in time, and will update it here!! View attachment 60413
Brilliant.

sharkcaver

great idea but in reality the re is no way I would put a couple of bits of timber and a fridge on a rear seat with my kids either side.
I would hate to imagine what would happen in a half serious accident :eek:
Not to take from the OP's idea, but yes, that was my first thought too. That road see's some nasty stuff happen. In fact, a member on here has been involved in nasty stuff on that road. I'm sure he would be horrified having personally experienced one of those incidents.

darb

great idea but in reality the re is no way I would put a couple of bits of timber and a fridge on a rear seat with my kids either side.
I would hate to imagine what would happen in a half serious accident :eek:
yeah, that thing (esky) is going to mess some skulls up in a proper hit. Nevertheless it's cool.

I sometimes worry about stuff i have in my tray coming through the back window in a big hit, though my kids heads mostly sit lower than the metal firewall and are in full kid seats.

ALl that said, when we were kids we'd be IN the tray (or wagon) ... sleeping laying down!

We had a good anti fight device when I was a kid. It was called mum, or whichever older brother was closest acting on her behalf. There weren't many fights.
Yes, I follow in my father's footsteps and rule by fear. Cruel but fair!:)
Mind you, the few times I've had to pull over they just looked stunned and surprised I was so cranky! I don't think they see what we see.

typhoeus

yeah, that thing (esky) is going to mess some skulls up in a proper hit. Nevertheless it's cool.

I sometimes worry about stuff i have in my tray coming through the back window in a big hit, though my kids heads mostly sit lower than the metal firewall and are in full kid seats.

ALl that said, when we were kids we'd be IN the tray (or wagon) ... sleeping laying down!
Is that esky just a polystyrene one? Surely that wouldnt hurt too much, but rhe frozen chook inside might. Knew a bloke who dropped a frozen chook on his foot. . Broke his big toe. . Hurt like hell for months.

Hard things kill people in accidents. No way I would use timber tables and have unsecured items of any real sise or mass if avoidable.

Just use pillows, it's an 18 hout drive so some sleeping is likely anyway.

I thought this thread was about tactical crowd control, typical - now the goody goody two shoes want to give them pillows! Duhhhh - pillow fights! Next you'll be feeding them and stopping for toilet breaks...

I thought this thread was about tactical crowd control, typical - now the goody goody two shoes want to give them pillows! Duhhhh - pillow fights! Next you'll be feeding them and stopping for toilet breaks...
Don't be an idiot. This would kill in an accident.

All you have to do is seperate them so they don't annoy each other. Why not give them a pillow to sleep for part of the trip ?