Change background image

Kicking Ass

Discussion in 'The Pool Room' started by TheLocksmith, Aug 9, 2013.

1. TheLocksmith

TheLocksmith New Member

Here is my 6yr old daughter. She's almost ready for her first cage fighting match :) lol

She's been doing Muay Thai since she was 5yrs old.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376030732.698156.jpg

Come Get Some - Sent from my iPhone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. LowLux

LowLux Moderator

Very interesting sport. Congrats to her for being so dedicated at her age.

Good luck with your first match little one.

Cheers

3. tankbloke

tankbloke 4x4 Earth Contributer

Do they teach them to "ground and pound", like in the UFC Ant???:D

4. TheLocksmith

TheLocksmith New Member

Yep, kicking, elbows, knees, head butts, throat punches etc :)

Best self defense they can learn, no rules fighting, also they are taught what to do when a stranger attacks them.

Prefer her to get a broken nose in the ring than in the street. Not that I want her to have a broken nose but with all the attacks you hear on the TV, its essential.

5. LowLux

LowLux Moderator

And unfortunately I don't reckon it's going to get any safer out there in the jungle.

Good on her!

6. TheLocksmith

TheLocksmith New Member

This is what a boy in my daughters class did to her in Prep. Then told her not to tell anyone.

Think the husband belts the wife and tells her it was an accident and it won't happen again. Same words the boy used after hurting my daughter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376041652.232278.jpg

7. cookie64

cookie64 4x4 Earth Contributer

Cannot stand bullies at all - oxygen thieves IMO and yes I reckon they learn a fair bit from home and if it isn't curtailed at a young age then look out.

Martial Arts are very good but it does need to be used with constraint as you can go too far and be on the receiving end of the law very quickly.

Be careful that she doesn't draw too much attention as there are always those that will want to try you out - seen it too many times.

Both of my daughters were taught Karate and they learn't enough to look after themselves unfortunately it is a necessity today, you should be very proud of her.

cheers

8. cloughcarib

cloughcarib Well-Known Member

Well done to her.

Self defense training also builds self constraint, self respect and self confidence.

9. MattCR

MattCR New Member

Good on her. My 6 year old boy has been doing MMA for about a year now. All ground work is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with stand up being a mix of boxing and Muay Thai. Unfortunately I agree with the sentiments above. It is becoming all the more important to know how to defend yourself.

My 11 year old daughter also did enough to give her some skills.

10. TheLocksmith

TheLocksmith New Member

She was doing about 6 months before it happened, as I use to do it before she was born. I was made to do karate as a kid so she must do Muay Thai. I asked her did she punch him. She said, "Dad we are not allowed to fight at school". Then I said "When someone hurts you you can do anything you like in self defense". She then said "Dad its not nice to hurt people and its not allowed?"

Follow the rules and the little pricks of kids get away with it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  11. MattCR

MattCR New Member

She has a good attitude mate. She will use it when she needs to and has shown restraint already. In someone so young its something to be proud of.

12. TheLocksmith

TheLocksmith New Member

Proud ain't the word! She already has as straight punch as most kids still have a curve in their arm at that age.

13. cookie64

cookie64 4x4 Earth Contributer

I'm hearing you, she has been taught and is learning very well and is very mature for her age.

She is allowed to use same or similar force to that excerted against her in order to cease the attack - you know that obviously, so it is great to hear that just because she can she doesn't - you have a great kid there mate, it is just a shame for her to suffer that sort of crap but she only has to do it once and bullies will ALWAYS back away.

cheers