karamba

marty e

karamba trip report

heading up to karamba on monday 27th
head to rockey then head west any one been up that way
be going buy my self need to get away any one going that way

Last edited:

goldrush

That would put you in Rocky about 9am. I will be sleeping by then. (Damn night shifts.) Might have to catch you on your way back.

marty e

well i am back got in about 630pm got to meet mr goldrush yesterday top bloke did 6200km all up got to down load all the picks that will be fun

goldrush

Great to meet you Marty. Tried to ring you early yesterday morning to see if you felt like a run out to Five Rocks. Figured you must have left already when I couldn't get through.

ChallengeLee

well i am back got in about 630pm got to meet mr goldrush yesterday top bloke did 6200km all up got to down load all the picks that will be fun

Glad to hear your home safe and well Marty...hope your trip was as wonderful an experience as ours was....we arrived home on Wednesday arvo....already feel like going off on another trip already.

marty e

thanks lee it was a great trip.i hope you had a great trip as well.and yes i do feel i need to turn around and go again was great

marty e

ok here we go left brisbane on the 27-6-11 went up to rockhamptom turned left and camped at duaringa for the first night gold coin donation hot showers and toilets great camp
martyandtraceytriptokarumba286.jpg

martyandtraceytriptokarumba37.jpg

marty e

then we hit longreach
martyandtraceytriptokarumba347.jpg

miss the hall of fame did not even see it that just means i have to go back
stoped to take a photo of some emues
martyandtraceytriptokarumba221.jpg

got out of the car standing at the back of the car two 4wd drove past
next im watching a rock go strait past my head strait threw my back window
sory no pics to piss off.alot of road works had to go off the road on black soil to get around looked like rain so stayed at a holtel at winton i am glad we did piss down rain
al night the next day the road from longreach to winton was shut roadtrain got stuck in the black soil.got on to suncorp tell them about the window no prob they said get yourself to cloncurry they will fix it for you there.

marty e

we left winton as it was still raining stop at this hill i climed this hill back in 97 so i took some more pics
martyandtraceytriptokarumba73.jpg

martyandtraceytriptokarumba76.jpg

then on to walkabout creek pub
martyandtraceytriptokarumba50.jpg

martyandtraceytriptokarumba38.jpg

marty e

ok where were we thats right going to cloncurry to get my window fixed
martyandtraceytriptokarumba111.jpg

we had to stay here for two day so they can overnight the window from arb townsville
so we had a look around cloncurry there was a gem festival on at the info center
martyandtraceytriptokarumba328.jpg

we went and had a look around and found this old toyota or was it a jeep or a nissan
martyandtraceytriptokarumba10.jpg

we met this guy he road a push bike into the park a set up camp right next to us
i went over and said gday mate were you from his replie was i am rideing my pushbike around australia i am from victoria
martyandtraceytriptokarumba139.jpg

4Bee4

Marty ... Do you happen to know the name of this hill?? Is it a natural formation?

Regardless of how it came to be it looks awesome? :D

marty e

i think it is natural i climb this hill in 97 still looks the same now as it did then
great looking hill thow

4Bee4

Cool, no worries.

Next question ... how long has the Victorian man been on his bike riding adventure so far ... did he say?

marty e

ok got the window fix and on the way north to karumba looked very dull this morning
martyandtraceytriptokarumba349.jpg

martyandtraceytriptokarumba41.jpg

martyandtraceytriptokarumba348.jpg

next stop was burke and wills road house dont get fule here 171 per lt got breakey and on our way