June Long Weekend

Hi all,

Last year we were primed to meet up with all you SEQ'ers at Levuka, but my son got sick, literally, all over the back of the truck on the way out there and we couldn't get there...

But he's old enough now that we can pump him full of carsick medicine and are keen to head out again.

Suggestions? I'd love a 4WD park with a nice river running through it, though it probably will be too cold to swim... My son loves the Condamine River run though so if we could drive through the river, that'd be awesome... hahaha

Cheers,

Ben

Frankensurf

Janowen Hills 4X4 park at Goomburra has a nice creek and there is a track to drive across it.

Gordon Country (down the road from Janowen) has the same creek running through it. It's not really a 4X4 park but there are a couple of tracks.

Land Cruiser Mountain Park has a few water crossings, including the headwaters of the Brisbane River.

There's three for starters :)

frosty

When Frankensurf offloads that heapa junk Surf, You can drive through his river of tears!

Frankensurf

When Frankensurf offloads that heapa junk Surf, You can drive through his river of tears!
Haven't yet found anyone worthy of the privilege of Surf ownership. It's a tough selection process.

I may have to keep it forever and build a shrine in the backyard.

Janowen Hills 4X4 park at Goomburra has a nice creek and there is a track to drive across it.

Gordon Country (down the road from Janowen) has the same creek running through it. It's not really a 4X4 park but there are a couple of tracks.

Land Cruiser Mountain Park has a few water crossings, including the headwaters of the Brisbane River.

There's three for starters :)
Thanks mate. Will definitely look into it. We were also thinking about maybe be of the islands? Anybody done the islands in June? Is it too busy? What's the weather like there in June?

We've rented a camper trailer which came packed and ready to go. Tomorrow we leave for Rover Park to watch the Battle of the States and have a little drive ourselves. Anybody else heading that way?