june long weekend yalwal trip

robwebbie

Oh geez, I'm ummin and ahhin whether to do Yalwal or Bylong. :(

Date, time of meet?
Who's staying on what days?

I'd be up for a camp, yalwal is a hell of a lot closer than by long that's for sure, just need to decide lmfao

need to weigh up these options

Last edited:

03gallagherj

I was also super keen for it until someone said the two words "Six Stager" then I was all like hmmmmm I could be in on that :p

robwebbie

Yeah, I'm a usual suspect down at Wombat Flats, That's alright, fresh running water, although not phased on somewhere else either

hiluxdriver

I'm also down for the Bylong weekend, but this sounds like fun too. I havent camped at wombat flats before. Is there someone that can give directions? Is there enough room for everyone, and I assume fires are allowed?
I have the Friday off work to so might head in early.

hiluxdriver

My suggestion would be Coolendel. Camp is relatively secure and it has ammenaties - always a bonus on cold mornings.

Dieselcon

I'm thinking coolendal as well. Friday night. Saturday treeroot dusties etc.....Sunday for 6 stager for those who are prepared for some damage. Monday pack up and head home.

03gallagherj

You know what Jose, I like the sounds of your plans maybe ill convince Llewellyn to camp up at coolendel. How much is it per night there again?

Yeah I was super keen for bylong but at the moment cash constraints are really keeping me away :( just that much further can't exactly afford the fuel and the fact im working most the weekend haha.

Jason, wombat flats is just where we play on the rocks near the creek. All the upper grassed section, I love the end camp that's my pick all the time.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

robwebbie

This trip is sounding better by the minute, all for it. The trips out on each day sound good too as they would be new for me.

Jackson, I'm hearing you mate, cash constraints my way too, not enough cash flow lol

I'll probably be heading one out unless a mate wants to tag along, on the other hand, a mate in a Patrol may be very well interested in coming along for the camp/drive too.

I've searched up Coolendel Camping (as I haven't camped there), results came back with some rates, (from what I can gather, one adult, 3 nights on a weekend $68?)

Camping & Caravans

You can choose to camp anywhere in the park. There are no designated or powered sites.

Per Night ADULT CHILD

Peak $27.50 $15

Shoulder $23 $14

Off Peak $17 $10

Off Peak - 2 night weekend
Fri PM to Sunday PM $40 $19

Off Peak - 1 night weekend
Sat PM to Sunday PM $28 $14

Children are between 5-16 years old
Weekly discounts available.

Coolendel Rates - camping on the Shoalhaven River NSW surrounded by Morton National Park

Or we can camp bush style for free lol, If some were to camp at Wombat Flats and the others at Coolendel, would a meet in the mornings be organised?

Last edited:

hiluxdriver

This trip is sounding better by the minute, all for it. The trips out on each day sound good too as they would be new for me.

Jackson, I'm hearing you mate, cash constraints my way too, not enough cash flow lol

I'll probably be heading one out unless a mate wants to tag along, on the other hand, a mate in a Patrol may be very well interested in coming along for the camp/drive too.

I've searched up Coolendel Camping (as I haven't camped there), results came back with some rates, (from what I can gather, one adult, 3 nights on a weekend $68?)

Camping & Caravans

You can choose to camp anywhere in the park. There are no designated or powered sites.

Per Night ADULT CHILD

Peak $27.50 $15

Shoulder $23 $14

Off Peak $17 $10

Off Peak - 2 night weekend
Fri PM to Sunday PM $40 $19

Off Peak - 1 night weekend
Sat PM to Sunday PM $28 $14

Children are between 5-16 years old
Weekly discounts available.

Coolendel Rates - camping on the Shoalhaven River NSW surrounded by Morton National Park

Or we can camp bush style for free lol, If some were to camp at Wombat Flats and the others at Coolendel, would a meet in the mornings be organised?

Coolendel is still cheaper than Bylong, thats where I'll be staying and will meet up in the mornings somewhere.

robwebbie

Coolendel is still cheaper than Bylong, thats where I'll be staying and will meet up in the mornings somewhere.

I've got a 6 DB antenna with pretty good range, but how far do you reckon we'll have radio range?

Coolendel is cheaper by far due to petrol costs for me too, but its not me for the costs so much as my mate who is pretty much the only one available to pair up with me and he is completely strapped for cash at the moment, poor bloke was working for cash and did his back in by pinching a nerve, pretty much stuffed, not on the books, he's saving for his op.

I was gonna do Bylong on my own and be a loner there too haha, but comin' with you guys now ;) save Bylong for later in the year.

I will decide on the day I guess, as to not make it hard on anyone else, don't wanna be the difficult one. I mean what's the fun sittin' around a camp fire and drinking alone? lol

Who knows, might be able to organise a group thing with Coolendel Camp, I'll give 'em a call today and find out.

Last edited:

robwebbie

Ok, so I called Coolendel and I made a few enquiries.

Group discounts are only available for at least 100 people, which I don't think we have yet lol

Although, they would prefer for us to book a few days in advance so that they can ensure they have enough milk and bread stacked in the store.

They sell firewood or you can bring your own, it is $5 a bag with a $2 holding deposit on the bag which you get upon return. The bags are the 18kg heshen bags.

The costs for the full weekend, are as follows;

Friday, Saturday and Sunday night is $57 per adult, $29 per child.

If you would like to stay only 2 nights, either the Friday/Saturday or the Saturday/Sunday night, the rates are as follows;

$40 per adult, $19 per child.

It is 120 Acres of camping area with amenities (toilets/showers).

Dieselcon

Ok, so I called Coolendel and I made a few enquiries.

Group discounts are only available for at least 100 people, which I don't think we have yet lol

Although, they would prefer for us to book a few days in advance so that they can ensure they have enough milk and bread stacked in the store.

They sell firewood or you can bring your own, it is $5 a bag with a $2 holding deposit on the bag which you get upon return. The bags are the 18kg heshen bags.

The costs for the full weekend, are as follows;

Friday, Saturday and Sunday night is $57 per adult, $29 per child.

If you would like to stay only 2 nights, either the Friday/Saturday or the Saturday/Sunday night, the rates are as follows;

$40 per adult, $19 per child.

It is 120 Acres of camping area with amenities (toilets/showers).

We will be camping for the three nights.... Girls And I (8 and 15 yrs) will be coming but the Misses has started a new job today so she wont be able too.

will be a great weekend.
Cheers
Jose

Dieselcon

the few dollars it costs is well worth the comfort that coolemdal offers. Toilets, showers, beautiful camping areas, BBQ areas, animals (wombats, kangaroos, lizards..lol), swimming areas, canoeing, bike riding....perfect for all kids young and old..lol

Cheers

Jose

Dieselcon

Hey Warrick...I think
IMG_1033copy.jpg
Is actually the waterfall climb.... Which we all know the Jackson and his Paj can do ..... But not as gracefully as the Jeep lol..

Jeep JKU -Dieselcon - YouTube

Cheers
Jose