June Long Weekend Mini Middle Earth 2013

Jeep_jk112

So I'm tipping at least 1.5 hrs from bylong to lithgow.
Got the Friday off! :D
Not bad for late notice hey lol
As for time ill leave pretty sure ill leave earlier then 12

stressless

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Matt, it takes about 3.5 hrs from Sydney i think if that helps.
See you out there. We are leaving the Coast about 6am if work is good to me as i'm on night shift.
Or Lisa will do the driving out to Bylong.:):)
Looks like the weather is going to be kind to us for the weekend just will be COLD.
COLD = More Bourbon and BIGGER fire.:D:D:D

Last edited:

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
Have a great weekend guys wish I could join you but i have to many things to take care of at home
Play safe!!

Jeep_jk112

Love camping in the cold :D
Looks like ill get stuck working night shift Thursday aswell.......
Dam Victoria rd!
Looks like ill punch through and head up bylong real early aswel
Depending how stuffed I am naturally
Don't want you blokes finding my jeep in a ditch.....

May even get a play in before grid lock on the 5 ;)

Last edited:

pbk1776

if you boys heading Bylong and would love to hunt - let me know got family up in Kandos who can take us out

prawns

Only_3_more_sleeps.JPG

pbk1776

can we still tag along for a day trip out probably Sunday?
My wife's Family is up the road in Kandos - we're happy
to tag along for a day wheeling

stressless

4x4 Earth Contributer
can we still tag along for a day trip out probably Sunday?
My wife's Family is up the road in Kandos - we're happy
to tag along for a day wheeling

There is no problem with a day trip. Costs for a day trip are $15.00 per person.

Cheers Darren.

stressless

4x4 Earth Contributer
Name tags all done, just need to pack camper and we're ready for a great weekend.
See everyone there.

cloughcarib

Trailer nearly packed. Just need to clean out the car so the dog will fit in the back:).

Still don't have my solar panels, so batts on charge till the minute we leave.

Fuel price round here is usually best on Wednesday, so fill er up tomorrow.

Might even wash the car:rolleyes:

Fridge in the house to get loaded over the next couple of days.

I DON'T CARE IF ITS COLD. I CAN'T WAIT:D

Jeep_jk112

stopped by dan murphys before, important things first guys ;)
On a sad note a pulley sounds like its on its way out in the engine bay, i pray its serpentine related and got nothing to do with the timing belt.
I plan on over hauling belts and pulleys on both systems very shortly, just hope it last the long weekend......
Will pull the timing cover off tomorrow night and check the belt condition, fingers crossed

Last edited:

cloughcarib

On a sad note a pulley sounds like its on its way out in the engine bay, i pray its serpentine related and got nothing to do with the timing belt.
I plan on over hauling belts and pulleys on both systems very shortly, just hope it last the long weekend......
Will pull the timing cover off tomorrow night and check the belt condition, fingers crossed

I recently had a pulley bearing last nearly 15,000km after it started making a horrendous noise. De-tension your belt and free spin each bearing. You'll find the one that's bad quickly enough. If not the problem is deeper:(.

EDIT: I'll be going to Aldi, not Dan Murphy's, but the mission is the same:D

Last edited:

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm so unorganized, new truck has put me way behind where I usually am. No dual batteries, so fridge will have to stay home, no roof racks, so no oztent, guess I'll take tarp and my swag haha! Still should be good weekend. Hanging out!!

Jeep_jk112

I recently had a pulley bearing last nearly 15,000km after it started making a horrendous noise. De-tension your belt and free spin each bearing. You'll find the one that's bad quickly enough. If not the problem is deeper:(.

EDIT: I'll be going to Aldi, not Dan Murphy's, but the mission is the same:D

Yeh a few people have said that, then theres the ones who have had barely any warning then bam!....
Just got off the phone to the uk, timing belt kit, water pump and a serpentine belt are on their way shortly. should only cost me $400 (with conversion charges and what not)
For genuine vm parts.
Would hate to think what jeep aus would ask :eek:
Will get a quote for shits and giggles though, as i will sadly have to get them to do the job....
Only ones experienced with the euro diesel that is in my jweep close enough for me to get to them (and back)

I need to get around to trying that aldi bourbon one day, apparently its not bad:confused:

Frankensurf

Spent some time on the weekend checking over the car and camper. All good to go.

Google reckons that it's a bit over 9 hours from our driveway to Bylong. Jacki wants to arrive in daylight, so we'll make an early start on Friday.

Really looking forward to the weekend!

cloughcarib

Matt, that's a very good price for the parts.

I know your partial to your brandname bourbon, try the Aldi one with your normal as a backup. I like the Aldi beer. Never tried the spirits.

surfboy

Bring a couple of spare idlers Matt, we'll change them in the field if we have to :)
Just changed a suspect driveshaft on mine today, slight awning repair and good to go