June Long Weekend Mini Middle Earth 2013

stressless

4x4 Earth Contributer
Expressions of interest for having a N.S.W meet n greet weekend. The aim is to get new members n old members to join in and have some FUN.
Dates: 8th June til 10th June.
TRIP NOW CLOSED.
We where thinking of head out to Bylong Creek 4x4 park for the long weekend in June.
It will be a FAMILY friendly weekend. Its also PET friendly.
Sorry guys there has been a price increase to $15.
Cost are $15 person per day,(under 15 free) camping fees.I will be collecting camping fees for Bruce to make it easier for everyone so PLEASE bring the right money.
Facilities:pit Toilets are available, But there are NO showers on site, so would be best to bring one if you have it.There are COIN OPERATED SHOWERS at Bylong General store, which is a sort drive away. There is Tank water available, may need to BOIL if drinking it.
Diesel and unleaded can be purchased at Bylong General Store.
Dogs are more than welcome at NO cost to their owners.
We will be using CH21 on UHF.

WHAT YOU NEED:
You need to be self sufficient i.e Own food,drinks alcoholic or not. Worm clothes it gets COLD out there.
OWN RECOVERY GEAR.
FIRST AID KIT.

All rubbish must be taken OUT with us.

PLEASE NOTE: KEEP SPEEDS DOWN WHEN TRAVELING ON DIRT ACCESS ROAD TO THE PROPERTY PLEASE.

Like this facebook page for more info on site and other peoples experiences here.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bylong-Creek-4x4/216570165030199
Here is a map of the area:
bylong.jpg

CLOSING DATE FOR TRIP:Sunday 19th May 2013, OR A MAXIUM OF 30 VEHICLES.

4x4 Earth and any organisers will NOT be held responsible for any INJURIES or DAMAGE to persons or vehicles its all at own risk.
Cheers Darren n Lisa.

1. Darren n Lisa........stressless n stresfull........................N.S.W.........Fri am
2. Mark n Katie n kids......BigRig n K_T .+ Dog.................QLD............Sat am
3. Daniel..........Prawns...................................................N.S.W.........Fri/Sat
4. Hiluxdriver.....Jason....................................................N.S.W.........Fri noon
5. Yobboford.......Rob.....................................................N.S.W.........Fri pm
6. Pete n Mauzy +1.....Splitpin n Whitchywife.+ dog...........N.S.W........Fri/Sat
7. Gavo + 1.................Gavo..........................................N.S.W........Fri pm
8. Jason n Sue +1........Logitech......................................QLD...........Sat am
9. Clough + Debb n kids......Cloughcarib.+ dog................N.S.W........Fri pm
10. surfboy.......Nandu..................................................N.S.W........Fri noon
11. Toddyh n Eliza + Dogs.............................................N.S.W.......Sat am
12. Ian n Jacki.........Frankensurf n JackiGQ.......................QLD........Fri pm
13. Bill n Olga.......Billolga................................................N.S.W....Fri noon
14. John + 2kids.............................................................N.S.W.....Fri/Sat
15. Harley n Christina......Marlin105.................................N.S.W......Fri am
16. Dawn +1..................................................................N.S.W
17. Bart n Kerri..... BarKer +1 +dog................................N.S.W.......Fri pm
18. Jim..........................................................................N.S.W.....Fri/Sat
19. Matt.......Jeep_jk112..................................................N.S.W
20. Russell.....................................................................N.S.W.....Fri noon
21. Rob....robwebbie......................................................N.S.W.....Fri pm

Last edited:

Jeep_jk112

Soon as I saw the title June long weekend, I instantly thought of bylong creek
So I should be keen, depending on what the other muppets are doing.

03gallagherj

Soon as I saw the title June long weekend, I instantly thought of bylong creek
So I should be keen, depending on what the other muppets are doing.

MUPPETS!!!!

Sounds good, I shall ask the silly question but when is the June long weekend this year what date?

lilrig

I might be interested in coming down that way, If i have got my new 4bee, and some camping stuff.

Lil.

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Here's another silly question. Whats bylong creek? I googled where it is. But never herd of it.

stressless

4x4 Earth Contributer
Here's another silly question. Whats bylong creek? I googled where it is. But never herd of it.

Check it out on Facebook if you have it,or you can google it n just read all the trip reports.
I will get more info when it comes to hand.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
lock us in eddie, we will try for this one. take the grand down with kk and ill drive Witchys chev...

Rocker

I've had a weekend out there before - Bruce is always working hard on improving it.

We'll be out at the Finke Desert Race, but will watch out for another meet up - next time !

nitrobrent

Heres a few photos of Bylong
Brent
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 69699_10151129895473807_278295721_n.jpg
    69699_10151129895473807_278295721_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 486384_439095899482142_2080641172_n.jpg
    486384_439095899482142_2080641172_n.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 280
  • SAM_2362.JPG
    SAM_2362.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 320

nitrobrent

Not sure,have got two trips coming up to Mt Airlie ,Lithgow,and I'm out most weekends.
Will have to see closer to the time.
Brent

hayden94

Yep no worries put me down. :DMy brother will be coming in my car aswell, and ill talk to my mate today to see if hes interested.

prawns

I would love to stick my name in the hat as a definate - but I might have to beg the wife a bit first and see if she will give me the funds :D (Its cheap enough though, and with good notice - so thats a good start hahahha)

Never been to a meet n greet or even a 4wd park before - It would be good to meet some of you fellas for sure :) Looks like alot of fun from the photos and what Ive read :)

Is that place a "must pre book" kind of thing? or I could play it by ear and hopefully just rock up? (dont want to say "yes" and then not be able to attend at the last minute is all)

Last edited: