Jokes

Ron0z

Is it really a joke. Fuel prices make it less so.

When I was at school my teacher mentioned things called 'producer gas generators' and I didn't have much of a clue of what she was on about. She mentioned fuel rationing during the war. She showed pictures of cars with all kinds of weird apparatus attached to them. The photos below aren't so old.

I filled my car up last week - it cost about $70.
I filled my car up yesterday - it cost about $90
(35 L both times)

And that little yellow car below. What do you reckon is on the roof rack? Three guesses and petrol ain't one of them.

1656372456126.png

Last edited:

typhoeus

Is it really a joke. Fuel prices make it less so.

When I was at school my teacher mentioned things called 'producer gas generators' and I didn't have much of a clue of what she was on about. She mentioned fuel rationing during the war. She showed pictures of cars with all kinds of weird apparatus attached to them. The photos below aren't so old.

I filled my car up last week - it cost about $70.
I filled my car up yesterday - it cost about $90
(35 L both times)

And that little yellow car below. What do you reckon is on the roof rack? Three guesses and petrol ain't one of them.

View attachment 73906

Those things weren't efficient and created more pollution. They were just an alternative for when there was no petrol. Modern technology might be able to make them more efficient, but you are still burning something to produce energy. Still the same problems. Burning hydrogen would be the exception, as that creates H2O as exhaust emissions.

mikehzz

Krumpy

The only way you can get away with not paying this, is if the whole country becomes vegetarian.
This tax will be passed onto meat eaters

as it is, with so many taxes there, plus low wages, high prices ( like fuel ) it’s already a struggling economy. Crime will go up
Meanwhile it’s $39 a kg for beans.