Jokes

Toyasaurus

One for today.

1625108132234.jpeg

dirvine

Two Crocodiles were sitting at the side of the River.The smaller one turned to the bigger one and said, 'I can't understand how you can be so much bigger than me. We're the same age, we were the same size as kids - I just don't get it.'
'Well,' said the big Croc, 'what have you been eating?'
'Politicians, same as you,' replied the small Croc.
'Hmm. Well, where do you catch them?'
'On the other side of the river near the Parliament car park in Canberra.
'Same here. Hmm.....How do you catch them?' asked the big Croc.
'Well, I crawl up under one of their big Lexus, BMW or Mercedes cars and wait for one to unlock the car door. Then I jump out, grab them by the leg, shake the sh** out of them and eat 'em!'
'Ah!' says the big Crocodile, 'I think I see your problem. You're not
getting any real nourishment. See, by the time you finish shaking the sh** out of a Politician, there's nothing much left but an arsehole with a briefcase

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
A school teacher asked her students to make a sentence containing the expression “I presume”.
One little girl held up her hand and said:
“Yesterday my mother hand washed the dinner dishes and I presumed that the dishwasher was broken.”
“Very good” said the teacher.
Another one said:
“This morning, my father drove the Volkswagen out of the garage. I presumed that the BMW wouldn't start.”
“That’s excellent” says the teacher.
Little Johnny at the back of the classroom gets up and says: “Yesterday I saw grandpa leave the house with a newspaper under his arm and headed for the bush, I presume that.......
”The teacher interrupted him and said,
“I stopped you because you have no idea what your grandfather was going to do, so you can’t presume anything.
”Johnny says, “Please Teacher, let me finish my sentence.”
Hesitantly, the teacher gestures Johnny to continue.
“As I was saying, I saw my grandpa heading for the bush with a newspaper under his arm.
I presume he was going for a shit because he can’t read.”

Albynsw

I think they are dreaming, supply and demand creates the big prices
There are plenty of dual cab 4x4’s in this category to choose from so why would you pay a premium?

boobook

This is OT ( situation normal for Earth ) but
If you took a standard Hilux, and added all that stuff. It could be over $100k
Add in the fact that newish Hiluxes are like hen's teeth
Add in it is Perth - with Iron ore priced like never before and mining is going gang busters to China
Add in that building and demand for tradies is at record highs
Add in that Toyota has closed its Thailand factory, and stopped making Hiluxes temporarily due to covid.
Add in the tax rebate, even on 2nd hand vehicles
Add in that it is a reputable brand ( in general)

This is extreme right now but there are a few near $100k, even on the east coast, it may actually be a bargain very soon. Watch Hilux's go up when the production halt hits the stock levels.

Last edited:

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Recently saw a 1988 Toyota Troopy with around 350,000 k's sell for USD 42,000.00 (AUD 57,000.00) in the states.
I have a 1991 only done 410,000 k's and willing to let it go for $50,000.00 and will also throw in two sets of steak knives.
Oh, Twin locked , C.B., Winch, Fridge, solars, deep cycle battery in box , full on recovery gear, driven by an old bloke on Sundays, well golf anyway. Has not been used much in one year ( covid) .

boobook