Jokes

greysrigging

^^ When I was in College in Armidale ( loooong time ago ), I started a short lived 'Pet Blowfly' craze, whereby a captured blowie was put on a lead and taken for a walk ( well, a 'fly' is a more apt description )
So you would tether the blowie with a length of very fine cotton .... how you might ask ? Well, carefully so as not to injure the fly, sort of a slip knot between its head and thorax an voila ! A blowie on a lead ! They could still fly, but not escape 'cause they're tied to the string you are holding. Then walk off to lectures or wherever with a blowie following you around...... And a bit of sticky tape on the end of the string meant you could tie up your personal blowfly until you wanted him again.
Started off as a footy club trick that grew in popularity....briefly.....haha

Last edited:

dno67

^^ When I was in College in Armidale ( loooong time ago ), I started a short lived 'Pet Blowfly' craze, whereby a captured blowie was put on a lead and taken for a walk ( well, a 'fly' is a more apt description )
So you would tether the blowie with a length of very fine cotton .... how you might ask ? Well, carefully so as not to injure the fly, sort of a slip knot between its head and thorax an voila ! A blowie on a lead ! They could still fly, but not escape 'cause they're tied to the string you are holding. Then walk off to lectures or wherever with a blowie following you around...... And a bit of sticky tape on the end of the string meant you could tie up your personal blowfly until you wanted him again.
Started off as a footy club trick that grew in popularity....briefly.....haha
Lets hope the local councils never get wind of this. Imagine the revenue from registration fee's alone ? Not to mention trying to disprove, its not your fly roaming the street to the bylaws officer.