Jindabyne Day Trip Recommendations

hiluxurious

Hi Guys. I'm heading down to Jindabyne for the weekend, and I'm looking for some ideas of a nice off road trip to a good view or a good spot, that I can do in say 3 hours or so...
Anyone got a good spot? TIA

barcher

Heaps to do and see around Jindabyne. An off road trip of around 3 hours, I can't really think of one. Mount Pinnibar via Tom Groggin is a nice drive but it's more like 6 hours return. Have you been in that area before?

hiluxurious

Yeah only hiking. I hiked to a hit somewhere, but the track, whilst it was a vehicle track, was closed off.
Just wondered if there was like a good lookout to go to or maybe a good view from somewhere that was a bit off road.
Nothing too serious, my mates got a stock ranger.

barcher

I know its not driving all the way but you can head up to Charlottes Pass & then walk out to Mt. Kosciuszko
Charlotte's Pass and Guthega is a nice drive. Walking from Charlotte's Pass to Kosi, one of the best walks in Oz. Big day though. Chairlift from Thredbo to Top Station is good also.

We're planning a camp trip to Gungarlin soon, so if you's want to go for a drive out there you can give us a trip report. Just joking.