• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Jindabyne Area

Harden Crew

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on some medium tracks around Jindabyne, a small group of us are going this weekend and were looking for a couple of tracks to drive for a couple of hours.

Thanks

Greg

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well this is perfect!

Quite a number of us are heading to Victoria 4x4earth gathering leaving Tuesday.

So my recommendation is drive through thredbo and head to Tom groggin. There you can cross the murray river.
Hopefully it's not flowing to much and it is driveable. Then if it is able to be driven let us know for Tuesday.
Once you cross Tom groggin Davies plain is still closed however you can check out mt pinnibar track and surrounding areas.

That would be my suggestion so that we know for Tuesday (which is quite a convoy) if we have to change plans.

I spent three summers exploring jindabyne and it's areas. As you know a lot is snowy hydro and gated.
If Tom groggin doesn't tickle your fancy (it would be great for us if you did) maybe head out Barry way and have a look around. That would probably involve more driving.

Let us know what you dream up an where you go!

Harden Crew

I had thought of Tom Griffin but as they are fore casting rain from tomorrow through to Tuesday, and some decent falls I was thinking of giving it a miss, but will talk to the others and see what we can do

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Harden Crew

Gavo,

Went for a quick drive to Tom Groggan on Friday afternoon for a quick look see, the river is flowing but not too quick, I drive a NM Pajero with 2 inch lift and water was upto the sills, the bottom was very firm, I did not drive the full width and walked part of it as I was alone but there were tracks going in and I do believe it is drivable, the entry will be a slippery drop of a couple of feet onto a flat area to enter the water, the exit looked good.
Having, said that it rained Saturday Night and was drizling when I left Jindabyne on Sunday and rain and snow is prodicted for the next couple of days with a top temp of 5 degrees for Tuesday Mt Pinnabar Track is also closed till December.
Hope this helps with your planing, would have loved to be going.

Greg

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Very good information. I was under impression mt pinnibar was open. I'll make some calls tomorrow!
Thanks again for your time. Very much appreciated.
Cheers
Gavo

Harden Crew

There was a sign just before the river stating Davies Plains and Mt Pinnibar are seasonally closed from June to December, I am sure that is what it said, but have been wrong before.

Good luck

Greg

Last edited:

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I knew Davies plain was, however mt pinnibar should be now. I'll call omeo Parks tomorrow and check. If not we'll have to take Barry way. Which is a beautiful drive any way.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4