1 red gu

just a quick trip report from today's recon trip
attendees were:
bugsy and son
jeep_jk112
1 red gu and family
Bazapotamus
yobboford and family

we all met at 9am and headed in to jellore state forest for a day of trail finding and to see if this place had any good camping spots.
we started on the power line track that is on the tracks database and worked our way around from there.
well we found some top trails although slightly over grown in spots.
We found some top hill climbs that tested man and machine (and lockers) some ruts, and to my surprise alot of sand was found in the lower valleys.
lunch was had at the top of a ridge after one of these steep and slippery hill climbs with a great view across the park.
now most of the tracks in here came to a locked gate or a dead end and there was a lot of trees down in the park also no real camping sites but all in all it is a great day out
thanks to kris for leading us around with his trusty hema gps and to rob for bringing up the rear also matt an baz for a top day out in the scrub
good people and good trails is what its all about.
i didn't take a lot of photos as i was griping the steering wheel for most of the day but here are a few i got
cheers

Attachments

• DSCF7807.JPG
    DSCF7807.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 334
  • DSCF7808.JPG
    DSCF7808.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 271
  • DSCF7811.JPG
    DSCF7811.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 311
  • Dscf7814.jpg
    Dscf7814.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 356
  • Dscf7816.jpg
    Dscf7816.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 407
  • DSCF7815.JPG
    DSCF7815.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 345
  • DSCF7817.JPG
    DSCF7817.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Jeep_jk112

That overgrown track absolutly killed my paintwork!! -_- whilst kris's hilux has barely a scratch:confused:
Now it has "character" :cool: haha, atleast thats what i say to keep myself sane..
Great to get out with you guys once again.

Last edited:

teza h

Yeh! good one,always good to spend a day exploring a new place.:) Looked like a couple of decent tracks were had,:cool:I know all about over grown tracks:eek:
Cheers Teza.

yobboford

thanks again to all for a great day, even the Mrs had a good day and the kids were kind of good, lol.

Jeep_jk112

Did I miss something? Havent yet been there.

wait what? you've been everywhere jon!
Its not a bad spot close to home, a few trees down across the tracks though.... will have to do some hiking and see if there worth "clearing" at some stage

Last edited:

1 red gu

Did I miss something? Havent yet been there.

this would make a good weekend if you went out to meryla state forest on sat and drove all the tracks an camped there, then linked back to jellore state forest on the way home sunday mate.
i would estimate it would be about twenty mins to half hour from meryla back to jellore.

Vegetoast

First weekend I get off I reckon thats what I will do.

There's another S.F... The sharp right hander before the convict tunnel, If you go straight then follow it half way around the farm you come to a very steep dipper then after that there's a track to the right(heading south) that goes deep in the bush, Havent gone far in there before but might be worth mixing together.
Google Maps

bugsy

Thanks again for a good day guys will post my photo's shortly. Cheer up about the scratchers Matt all in good fun cleaned my hilux that afternoon not many scratchers at all must be a toyota thing hey:D

1 red gu

First weekend I get off I reckon thats what I will do.

There's another S.F... The sharp right hander before the convict tunnel, If you go straight then follow it half way around the farm you come to a very steep dipper then after that there's a track to the right(heading south) that goes deep in the bush, Havent gone far in there before but might be worth mixing together.
Google Maps

might be worth checking out on sunday after the niss trials mate are you coming down

OzTEXS

does anyone have good directions in finding a way down to the valley after the climb .. i did the climb a few months ago but we were not able to find any other tracks afterwards ??

mk_triton

just to let you all know jellore is slowly being gated u will no long be able to do the climb to the top of the power lines as the is rocks blocking every thing most trails are have been dozed!!!!!!

RICHO

Thanks again for a good day guys will post my photo's shortly. Cheer up about the scratchers Matt all in good fun cleaned my hilux that afternoon not many scratchers at all must be a toyota thing hey:D

Rocks, rocks & more rocks is what u hear.

Please confirm or not.

noelh

might be worth checking out on sunday after the niss trials mate are you coming down

Hi 1 Red GU I done Jalore a while ago and got some great video's they are on You Tube under Noel Hawkins Jalore State Forrest if you want to check them out and we could be interested in a weekend trip down that way the weekend around 22nd June as my finances will be sorted by then
Cheers
Noel & Samantha H.
:):):)