jeep xj recovery points

drval

hello fello 4x4ers, i have a 94 xj jeep and was wandering if there is any way of getting front recovery points on the jeep other than a bull bar? and is the drivers side of the front bash guard string enough to fix one to it? any ideas would help, thanks.

tasar

hello fello 4x4ers, i have a 94 xj jeep and was wandering if there is any way of getting front recovery points on the jeep other than a bull bar? and is the drivers side of the front bash guard string enough to fix one to it? any ideas would help, thanks.
there should be a recovery point on the front next to your nudge bar - if not then put a hook on there (drivers side)

drval

nah theres no hook uppoint there, just what i think might a tie down point on the passengers side that the nudge bar is bolted to, but thanks any way.

cloughcarib

If you can't search for, and find, the answer on ausjeepoffroad, then your the first person to ever ask the question!

drval

thank you all for yor help, yes the nudge bar is very light weight and no hooks nto the side, only good enough to hold the spotties, i will try wooders garage, i also see that rustys off road in america sell a set of tow hook kits for the xj for around i think $ 75 us but im probably better off getting them locally i guess? any way thanks for the info, cheers.:D

Wooders garage get stuff in from the states & their prices are reasonable

This is a late thread but just wanna share this. One thing we should remember when snatching an XJ's recovery pint is through monoque construction. Just make sure you connect the strap to BOTH sides of the subframe in the front or else it will be twisted.

Last edited: