Jeep Gladiator or

mikehzz

I guess this sums it up, there are 2 types of people when it comes to cars, those who put reliability above all else and those who put the driving experience and car ownership first and are prepared to cop the few little issues.
Mate, they wear you down after a while and you need a rest. I never had a problem with my Land Rover, nice car, bought new, 330k kms, but I didn't want to fork out the cash to replace it with another one. My wife still cries about losing it.

Albynsw

Regardless of what brand / vehicle it is a horrible feeling when you have lost confidence in your vehicle. It really puts me off when traveling with a niggling issue

mikehzz

To be honest, I remember the old days when you half expected your car to break down all the time. When I was young I spent half my life under my car. If you went through a puddle the ignition would fail, adjusting the points and replacing the condenser all the time, dad's company car had to have a service every month. Even the most unreliable brands these days are a dream compared to that. I think the golden age was the mid 80's to 90's when fuel injection and electronic ignition came along. You had better reliability, better fuel economy and not too many electronic gizmos to go wrong. Now if only they could make home computers reliable... :)

Bomber2012

I agree I have a WK2 with 110000 on the clock no issues. People who are quick to rubbish jeep have never driven one

110000 is hardly a recommendation on reliability, I’d want a bit more mileage before I was convinced.
But each to their own I think there are better options for that money

Aussie Jeeper

The term reliability is somewhat biased as well. Ever car has issues not to mention it depends on how they’re driven and how they are treated. I’ve seen people not service in 50000km and claim to have a “lemon”. But if you’re buying new, you have warranty for non self inflated issues. Most who service correctly rarely get issues. My wk was used with 84k. I’ve now got 150k on it. I love it. It’s been good so far.

mikehzz

There's a guy just about to do a lap now that's kitting out a Gladiator. He did Alaska to Argentina in a 2nd hand 2 door Wrangler, and drove all around Africa in a Wrangler Unlimited. His Youtube is the road chose me. He likes Jeeps because the same models are literally in every country and he thinks they are reliable.