Jeep crash / roll over off the cliff near O'Tooles

Patriot

Administrator
The Moe SES Unit turned out yesterday, along with Ambulance Vic, SES Erica and Morwell and Vic Police to this pretty horrifgic car accident. The Jeep rolled off the edge of a 0 meter cliff near O'Tooles and landed in the river. Both occupants had non life threatening injuries.

Does anyone know any more details?

Pretty impressive that they survived, it is a fair drop.

otoolescrash1.jpg
otoolescrash2.jpg

otoolescrash3.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainBanana

Lucky as. Must have taken most of the impact to the wheels. Ouch.

Aaron

In my research for a jk a couple years back I found the factory "roll cage" was said to be quite rubbish and looking at ancap testing it barely held up to a moderate front impact. Very lucky to survive.

Patriot

Administrator
Yeah, I thought someone would have some details by now, especially being at O'Tooles. I am keen to find out what happened.

itlldoo

is the track wide enough for 2, did they move to far left for a passing car and front wheel slipped off the edge ? looks like they went down front first,
who called for help, the driver or passenger or a third party who witnessed it.......bloody lucky thou, but curious !

Buxter

No use them buying a Tatslotto ticket, as they have used up all their luck.

Also I am glad and amazed, that they are ok .

discomatt

That didn't roll over, not a mark on the roof rack and both drivers and passengers sides are virtually undamaged, one hell of a scary ride though!!

dno67

Water excess on this one ?
= Less payout figure.
Yep. Looks like they were lucky, could have been a lot worse.
I also recon there's a story to tell here..

80lover96gxl

Apparently tried to turn around on the section of track above and misjudged it.
Saw that on an fb video of the crash site so can't confirm accuracy.
Lucky to get out of that one.

Outrage

4x4 Earth Contributer
Apparently tried to turn around on the section of track above and misjudged it.
Saw that on an fb video of the crash site so can't confirm accuracy.
Lucky to get out of that one.

You would assume they've used the t-intersection to Flats Tk to try turn around, as there isn't any other decent spots where they've fallen. Although that spot still isn't great due to the branch of the tee being uphill. For info to those that don't now, the section of track they were on is level, just narrow.

Another 50-100m either way and they would have had a nice turning area to use instead. We all make mistakes and they're lucky to be alive.