Jayco outback

playhard

Hi guys thinking of buying a jayco outback offroad campervan would this trailer handle a trip to the cape up the OTL or would I be better off buying an offroad camper trailer. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Paul

red t ute

Could be done with the Jayco if you keep to the main roads.And dont push it to hard.
Would be more fun with a real camper trailer you can go anywhere you want Ive been looking at the Campomatic.

knot_gillty

Hi guys thinking of buying a jayco outback offroad campervan would this trailer handle a trip to the cape up the OTL or would I be better off buying an offroad camper trailer. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Paul

Why don't you try hiring one first? There are quite a few who are hiring these days and i know Jayco are one of them. Try before you buy. If it handles it, buy it!! I know a certain other brand of Camper Trailer hire theirs too and have had no troubles with The Cape or any other track....;):rolleyes:

off road heaven

Mate I have a 2005 Jayco outback eagle, and I would not take it to the Cape. They are screwed and pop rivoted together. The chassis is super strong, but the finish lets it down.

feral fourbee

there`s a place out at richmond way that hires jayco`s...
but there places you can not take them...
one was cape york!!!!!!
think it was 500 for the week..

good luck and have fun

BUSHNUT

it has been already said, don't do the cape with it . There is a mob up at Cooktown that hires out campers and it is not all that uncommon that people who have campers tend to leave theirs at a caravan park and then hire one to go up to the cape. From mmory , I think trektec has been up to the cape, contact him. As far as the Jayco product, you see it everywhere and most of the time you don't hear of any grumbles. so they must be of reasonable quality .

I have a Kimberley camper Kakadu 1997 model, and I use that for soft camping, I don't think I would take it to the cape purely for the issue of fuel consumption alone , I mostly swag it and also now I have a rooftop tent .