James Eling (Patriot), our 4x4 earth Adminstrator, recieves Australia Day Honour.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Congratulation James for your contribution in helping Australians cope with the Covid Pandemic.
Glad to know you and thanks for your help.

9th Regiment, Royal Regiment of Australian Artillery

Jan90uary 2t7c nso2m8att rf1:390e mhP3M ·

Congratulations to Major James Eling, CSM (former BC 2/10) for his Australia Day Honour!
Major Eling was awarded his Conspicuous Service Medal for his meritorious achievements as a Strategic Planner in support of the Victorian Emergency Services as part of COVID 19 ASSIST.
MAJ Eling is pictured here, on the job at JTG629.2 in 2020.
Congratulations from all of us here at 9 Regiment, RAA - and across the The Royal Regiment of Australian Artillery
272886273_247833374199704_7358902398669048777_n.jpg

1f4f7.png
Defence Australia Image Gallery

typhoeus

Yes, congratulations! Considering your day job, James, how did you manage to bite your tongue, and not comment on some of the things posted about covid here?

discomatt

Yes, congratulations! Considering your day job, James, how did you manage to bite your tongue, and not comment on some of the things posted about covid here?
You have obviously never met him, quietly spoken gentleman is a starting point , I would even hazard a guess he would be horrified at all the attention and praise here :)
Lap it up James, you deserve it

Patriot

Administrator
Thank you, everyone. Last Thursday the family and I were invited to Government House to receive the medal along with 83 other Victorians who were being recognised for their contributions to the State. It was great for Tina and the family to attend as she shouldered all of the burdens of running the company while I was away. I was very humbled to be recognised. I did get to see the huge effort that so many people put in during the pandemic. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes.

I didn't think it was my place to comment on the spirited discussions about COVID and vaccines, but what I would say is that we are all in a much, much better place than Shanghai and Beijing at the moment, which is a great testament to all of the work that everyone has put in.

garden party.jpg