Jaffle iron

deptford

Im starting to get a little tierd of both eggs and baked beans. Any one here got a few suggestions of what to put in them.

mitschal02

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Havnt tried it in a Iron Jaffle but used to do it all the time in the electric ones at home.

Lay puff pastry over it then fill with Raspberry jam and fold the other side over and close.
When cooked put a hole in the middle of the pastry and fill with cream mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Think im putting puff pastry on the shopping list this week :D

Swaggie

Bacon,Sausages,Mushrooms with a nice relish on toasted bread...Throw the Conventional Jaffle Iron to the sh!tter and use a frypan,
if you insist on using an iron check out some of these babies !

Panini Press - Rome Outdoor Cookware UK

paninilong.jpg

1905open.jpg

1525DoubleBurgerGrillerOpen.jpg

and to finish off desert a marshmallowtree:

4900marshmallowtree.jpg

Goodluck

Last edited:

Franrick

Mate, there isn't much you can't put in a Jaffle Iron. Just about anything that can be heated up can go in there. Last nights leftovers, whatever tickles your fancy.
Cheers, Rick.

80lover96gxl

Try braised steak and onions out of the tin, once cooked there like meat pies.
Becareful of the burn factor tho, drop a bit of that steaming braised steak on ya and you'll need the burn cream handy.
Let em cool for a few mins and there bloody deeelicious.

cheers,
Brian.

trainmads wife

You can use white bread, buttered with butter please, no marg, on the outside and filled with pie apple, ground almonds and sultanas to have strudel jaffles.

Or try pie apple and a couple of squares of milk chocolate.

Pie apricot or mashed tinned apricots for apricot pies.

Make a really thick custard, add a dollop of custard, top with some fruit and cook.

For savoury sandwiches:
chicken, cheese & pineapple slice
ham, cheese & pineapple slice
BSO is always good
baked beans with cheese
spag bol for a spaghetti pie - kids love these
mix tinned tuna with a little sour cream and salt and pepper, top with cheese slice for a mock tuna mornay type of sandwich
Dip bread slices in beaten egg, season with salt and pepper and cook for French toast

You don't have to use bread either. Use puff or shortcrust pastry cut to size. Try different types of bread too - use pita bread or tortillas for a change and they keep well when you're camping.

Tortilla -fill with mexican mince, sour cream & cheese for taco jaffles.
Elephant ears - buttered tortillas cooked for a couple of minutes in the jaffle iron then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar - eat them hot. They're good with ice cream too if you make them at home, can also be done in a fry pan.

Make pizza jaffles with pita bread spread with tomato sauce, chopped onion, shredded ham or salami and cheese.

Cath

prawns

Im with 80lover - braised steak and onion out of a tin has always been a prefferred jaffle topping for me

You can also get braised steak and mushrooms (same company make it - red tin?) thats not bad either - theres x2 pie flavours right there lol

On the odd occasion I also like heinz "big eat" spaghetti bolagnase but thats not quite as nice on jaffles as the first 2 for some reason

Kids seem to like sugar sprinkled sliced banana in a jaffle but thats a bit sweet for my taste

80lover96gxl

Im with 80lover - braised steak and onion out of a tin has always been a prefferred jaffle topping for me

You can also get braised steak and mushrooms (same company make it - red tin?) thats not bad either - theres x2 pie flavours right there lol

On the odd occasion I also like heinz "big eat" spaghetti bolagnase but thats not quite as nice on jaffles as the first 2 for some reason

Kids seem to like sugar sprinkled sliced banana in a jaffle but thats a bit sweet for my taste

Braised steak and mushrooms, sounds good Prawns i'll have to try that one.

cheers,
Brian.

samuel65

I think everyone want to buy this at cheap rate. I lately paid $250 for an excellent 9" Metters so yep they bring decent cash as well. Another product that delivers in decent cash is Falkirk.