It's a stick up-fuel tap.

teza h

Went weeling in the bush yesterday,coped a stick in the belly of the beast- 90 series Prado.
The stick went straight through the electric fule tap or switch, busted of a plastic hose fiting to the sub tank, 5 mm streem of fuel p#sing out of the hose,pluss a decent drip from the switch as well. After rolling around in the dust, covered in petrol for a wile stoped it enough to drive the 3 hours home,where the Pradi sits driping as we speek..what is this part called,it's under the L H side center?.....Thanks.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sounds like you hit this area

Attachments

• fuel001.jpg
    fuel001.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 105

teza h

Thanks heaps bmurray, i was kinda hoping that you'd get back to me with somthing like this. How do you get the info so fast?...Thanks again it's much apresiated.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
I had the manual beside me and had a break from work stuff. From the description you damaged the fuel tank selector area. I had been looking at doing some maintenance on the beast and was reading up on some diagnostic stuff.

Grumpy

If it's happened once it could do it again, is there a guard that can be put there to protect it, CHEERS

teza h

Replaced the fuel change over solanoid,all good. Just for the record,Toyota genuine part "only", $290.00.
Got one from the wreckers $100.00, much beter. Also found a plasic bash plate, Toyota part, covers that whole side from cross member to cross member,bolted straight on, must be a stock part. To bad I did'nt have one on sunday.......All ready for the next outing........Thanks for the help.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Teza

That plastic cover should protect the fuel section including the solenoid and filter. Was your cover missing?

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Someone took it off like a apprentice when getting it services and forgot to put it back on. It is meant to be there

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
Here is the photo of the plastic protection plate. That is on all Prado's as standard equipmemt

Attachments

• IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 96