Isuzu Launches I-Venture 4WD Club

Too many four-wheel-drives never leave the bitumen, sentenced instead to life as a jacked-up station wagon or ute whose off-roading talents will never be appreciated.

This, Isuzu has declared, must stop.

Enter the I-Venture Club, a new initiative from Isuzu Australia aimed at owners of its D-Max 4WD pickup and MU-X SUV.

The carmaker says I-Venture will assist owners in getting the most out their 4WDs in a safe and structured environment under expert tutelage.

Members will have the chance to travel to parts of Australia best appreciated from behind the wheel of a 4WD, learning 4WD skills and techniques along with way.

Mr Harding said the Club will cater for everyone from first-timers to more experienced and “hard-core” off-roaders, and includes a website where members can discuss 4WDing and share their stories.

Upcoming events include Moreton Island in Queensland, River Island in NSW and Lancelin Sand Dunes in WA, with each event priced at $250 including one vehicle and two people.

More over here:

Isuzu Launches I-Venture 4WD Club | The Motor Report

I-VENTURE CLUB

discomatt

That's a great idea but very expensive

Even better get over to 4wdtrip.com.au its free and new trips of all levels nearly every week:D

For that price you get access to the location, such as Moreton Island, breakfast and lunch, plus a dedicated trainer. It may not be suitable for some, but it's a great nice to have.

Interesting to note that they also say:

Day trips, overnight and ‘long’ weekend trips are all part of the plan, along with “special interest” outings. Events will be run in all Australian states.

Anyone interested in the first VIC event?

Last edited:

discomatt

Yep certainly a good idea and also very helpful for first time 4wders, also good for people to get to know the in and outs of there car.

Brand specific training is more important than ever before with all the new electronic wizardry, you really have to know your vehicle well to get the most out of it and more important know how to get around electronic glitches when they arise, which on most occasions is quit easy if you know how

lurkr

I sent my wife and daughter off on Todays' Moreton trip in the MU.
Beach access fees are $50, and ferry is $200, and that's covered in the cost - so essentially, they get an taught how to use the MU in the sand, Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon tea, and a great day out, for just the access costs.

I'm looking forward to hearing what they thought of it when they get back later today :)

hiluxdriver

I sent my wife and daughter off on Todays' Moreton trip in the MU.
Beach access fees are $50, and ferry is $200, and that's covered in the cost - so essentially, they get an taught how to use the MU in the sand, Breakfast, Lunch, afternoon tea, and a great day out, for just the access costs.

I'm looking forward to hearing what they thought of it when they get back later today :)

$200 for the ferry???? Jesus Christ!

lurkr

Wifeys words... "Best day EVER"
wife and daughter loved it. Raving on about how much fun they had, and how informative it was. Two thumbs up. Will post some pics after I recover from these espresso martinis :p

Mud_x

Shame the dealers didn't mention the I-Venture when I brought my car a month ago. I would have gone to the Moreton Island. Seems typical of the lack of communication between Isuzu and there dealers?

lurkr

Coupla pics of the day

Attachments

• IMG_6202.JPG
    IMG_6202.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_6193.JPG
    IMG_6193.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 139
  • isuzuDay.jpg
    isuzuDay.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 152