Is Toyota going to stop selling the Landcruiser in the USA?

shanegtr

I'm not sure where they get the figures of 42000 land cruiser sales in Aus for 2018. I had a quick google search and I think those figures must include the Prado as what I could find where:
Prado - 18553
200 - 13677

I couldn't find any figures for 70 series versions, but if you count the above then that leaves around 9700 for the 70's, which I think seems reasonable

greysrigging

Smaller population here, word of mouth spreads far more easily, clever marketing re parts, reliability, ruggedness and off road ability..... remember every city-fied numpty thinks of themselves as only one generation removed from Burke and Wills and the 200 series is absolutely necessary to climb the median strip in front of Scotch College......
I asked my sister ( Penshurst Sydney ) once , "what is the scariest thing about Sydney traffic ?"
Without hesitation she replied, "a tiny Asian woman tooling around in a 200 series Landcruiser....

D

Deleted member 69390

I'm not sure where they get the figures of 42000 land cruiser sales in Aus for 2018. I had a quick google search and I think those figures must include the Prado as what I could find where:
Prado - 18553
200 - 13677

I couldn't find any figures for 70 series versions, but if you count the above then that leaves around 9700 for the 70's, which I think seems reasonable

That is why Toyota called all these vehicles Landcruiser and in the case of earlier RAV4s - Cruiser - in the hope misguided people will put them all together and make sales look better than they are.