Is this the beginning of the end for the cape .

paulblah

I remember camping at a beautiful untouched beach and a group of bogans rocked up in their 4WDs, music blaring, drinking rum and cokes like no tomorrow, some drinking glass stubbies of beer, several smoking and throwing ciggie butts everywhere, the drunker they got, they more they shouted, swearing was unbelievable with kids around, started a camp fire (when none were permitted), threw their empties in the fire, generally made it unbearable for everybody else there enjoying the sand and the beach, drove off down the beach full of piss and left the camp fire smouldering with bottles and cans in it, everyone of them was white, saw similar on several occasions.

Everyone knows white bogans do this, lots of them and often. I'm only agreeing with another poster that the tourists are not the only ones creating a mess. Despite talking to indigenous people up there, who tell me about their deep connection to country. The message doesn't seem to passed on to many of the local indigenous, who appear not to give a f#*k about country. Although you knew that when you wrote your reply but saw an opportunity to paint someone as racist when you actually know nothing about them.

CTL

Everyone knows white bogans do this, lots of them and often. I'm only agreeing with another poster that the tourists are not the only ones creating a mess. Despite talking to indigenous people up there, who tell me about their deep connection to country. The message doesn't seem to passed on to many of the local indigenous, who appear not to give a f#*k about country. Although you knew that when you wrote your reply but saw an opportunity to paint someone as racist when you actually know nothing about them.
Umm, I never once mentioned you as being racist. You choose to make that assumption.
As for the local Aborigines not looking after their own country, well I guess they have every right to do what they please with their own country, just like you have every right to do what you like with your own back yard (in both cases within local laws and regulations). But trashing somebody else’s backyard, is a whole different scenario don’t you think? That was a rhetorical question BTW.

Bru9

Australians do very well at throwing their land down the drain, and have no ability for self preservation, just multiplying out of control. It's happening all over the world, in every nook and cranny, what is typical is those who criticize the so called pigs, are themselves troublemakers and annoyances in others minds, tis all relative just like Plato taught. The closest I have come to traveling to the Cape was watching an online video trip and it was enough to make me sick seeing how crowded it is. Virtually every road and street in the world has rubbish right along it. I think that is saying something, why dont the moralists stop and pick up the trash?
What makes me happy in life is all these wealthy people driving up the cost of living and commercializing touring with their caravans, campers and 80k trucks are all in the same chite can as everyone else, they have 150k rigs yet the most important thing is slowly being taken away. That makes me laugh.

LongRoad2Go

I suspect a lot of areas will be progressively closed off by the respective land owners (Local Councils, Water Catchment Authorities, Indigenous, etc) not only for land management purposes, but the biggie these days: insurance and environmental protection. They did it with horse riders in most National Parks. The bushwalking club fraternity experienced similar closure of road access tracks because, mainly, they were being used by yobs (some in 4WDs) tearing up the land, dumping noxious materials, burning out cars, lighting fires, even planting drug crops!

We worked around it by being members of a recognised Club linked to a State organisation e.g. Bushwalking NSW, who also provides S&R, volunteer track/weed management, a variety of training courses, etc. New members are taught how to conduct themselves in the bush: leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photographs. This literally opens gates to closed-off lands because the owners know we are members of a larger, State-wide organisation with a Code of Conduct and other frameworks that provide legitimacy.

I know of at least one 4WD Club and one fishing club that has similar arrangements with government landowners.

So, pristine areas are kept that way, and everyone has a great experience. I’ve seen nothing but good things come from club membership, which often includes sweeteners like public liability and personal accident insurance.

Albynsw

What makes me happy in life is all these wealthy people driving up the cost of living and commercializing touring with their caravans, campers and 80k trucks are all in the same chite can as everyone else, they have 150k rigs yet the most important thing is slowly being taken away. That makes me laugh.

Cost is a relative thing, people in 2K cars think those driving 10k cars are rich as do people in 50k cars looking at those in 150k cars. It is irrelevant really, just be happy in your own skin and circumstances

What makes me laugh is that you judge a person by the value of their vehicle