Is Memory Map Dead?

Ranger_Scott

I noticed Memory Map's website says it's for 'contractual issues'. I was thinking maybe their map usage contract with whoever has expired and they're negotiating a new one?

Wang

29E721B2-4901-45AE-AC1D-CEFD640A882C.png
Ive been trying to update my maps and nothing happening

smitty_r51

And this is why I don't pay a fortune for electronic media, unless I have a physical copy of something (maps, music, DVDs) it is to easy for someone to decide it is no longer available and remove access.

From memory memory maps sold the hema maps, and the hema units used the memorymap mapping engine... My guess is one or the other party want more $$ or one has a new version coming.

Jal

It seems the lack of access notice applies to the AU site (http://memory-map.com.au/) not the USA one (https://memory-map.com/index.html). The US site sells HEMA and presumably many other maps but they cost a fortune. Not sure what is going on. I downloaded the App for my MAC laptop and also the App for iPhone. Getting maps with either looks complicated and expensive; cannot figure it out.

mac_man_luke

Wouldnt surprise me if its to do with there relationship with Hema.
No doubt hema want to push all new customers to Hema Explorer rather than the memory map based Hema 4wd.

Jal

I have the whole Rooftop "binder collection". Essential for any high country driver but I have bigger plans...:cool:

Jal

No doubt hema want to push all new customers to Hema Explorer rather than the memory map based Hema 4wd.
I was almost convinced to get Hema Explorer with the Pro subscription but all the negative feedback on the App in the iTunes store has put me off. It seems they took ages to release a version that would work well with iOS11, even recent reviews are more negative than positive, and who knows what is going to happen now that iOS12 has been released.

phs

That sucks,

You can't access your map licenses to migrate!

Well looks like this IPhone 6 is going to be around for a while yet

Albynsw

The reason I went with the Hema app over Memory map was that I thought Hema might pull the licence on them one day, that was about 5 years ago but looks like something is going on

mac_man_luke

I was almost convinced to get Hema Explorer with the Pro subscription but all the negative feedback on the App in the iTunes store has put me off. It seems they took ages to release a version that would work well with iOS11, even recent reviews are more negative than positive, and who knows what is going to happen now that iOS12 has been released.

I have no problems with it in iOS 11 or 12 (or android), almost ready to ditch ozi all together due to the cloud side of it

boobook

I sent an email to the US. They said it will be back up in a few weeks. The ANZ distributor is no longer with them.

I hope it all comes good again.

abw

I got this email this morning if anyone's interested.

Dear Customer,
You may have heard a rumor or read on the web that Memory-Map has "suspended services". Please rest assured this is not true.

The situation is, we have discontinued working with a certain re-seller, who is now putting out a false message on the Australian website. There are a few maps that we have discontinued selling, and some others that are no longer available for download. However, the Memory-Map online activation services and most maps of Australia are not affected by the change.

We have recently released new edition maps for NSW, QLD and TAS, as well as a new edition of the Hema 4WD Maps. We are working on replacements for other maps that may be affected. If you are having problems accessing your purchased maps or software, please contact us via our global support site https://memory-map.com/Support.html. You may be eligible for a free update.

The bottom line is Memory-map is fully committed to the Australia/NZ market and we are looking after our customers in the region.

Rhett HS

I have the hema explorer app on my samsung phone but it doesnt work when i dont have reception.

So for those times i buy a hema map and take photos of it and put them into memory map, when i have reception.

Gotta be a better way.....