Not sure about others from this forum, but how many of you visit other 4wd forums & just shake your heads in disbelief?...
Is it just me, or has the 4wd fraternity totally changed & taken a turn for the worse.?...
Seems to me, that these days to be a 'real 4wder' you have to fit into the following criteria;
1. Have no regard for others who share the 4wd tracks, so drive as fast as you can for
starters & dont even consider that someone might be coming the other way.
2. Set up camp somewhere & keep all & sundry awake all night with loud music etc.
3. Think that doing donuts around camping grounds is all part of 4wding & driving closed
tracks is 'cool'.
4. Drive in '2wd' for as long as you can to try to proove that your vehicle is better.
5. Think that getting damage to your vehicle by trying to driving a track/section that is
impossible means you are a 'legend'.
6. Last but not least; blame the greenies/govt for tracks getting closed or police for
putting off the many unroadworthy 4wds that are on our roads. In other words, take
no responsibility for their own actions & blame everyone else.
Point i'm trying to make is that as a reasonably new member here, havent really seen that mentality on this forum...yet. Must admit, that the popularity of this site has increased drematically over the last few months & I hope this site doesnt go the way of many other 4wd forums....
Or am I being a little too padantic; unfortunately I dont think so. Until many of us are prepared to bite the bullet & report the morons who continue to wreck our favourite recreation, we will have nowhere to drive in the not too distant future. Probably the wrong forum to use to vent my anger, but lets not let the moderaters fall into the same trap that other forums have fallen into.