Ironman Collapsible Silicone Kettle

Swaggie

Compact Silicone Camping Gear - Ironman 4x4

This is an interesting little kettle, well its not that little it holds 1.5 litres of water.All the people I showed it too really liked the concept and thought it was a great idea..The cost of this kettle is $56.

This kettle is unique as it folds (squashes) down to about 1/2 its size, it has a Stainless Steel Base and a Food Grade Silicone Rubber.I've tested it on an Electric Stove and a Coleman 533 dual fuel stove without issues.There was no tainting of the water from the silicone whatsoever..The handle is strong and easy on the hand to use (grab,hold etc ), it has no whistle.

DO NOT USE IN A FIREPLACE, they are not to be used next to a naked flame otherwise the silicone may melt ..

DSC04440.JPG

DSC04439.JPG

DSC04434.JPG

DSC04397.JPG

I think this kettle will be quite popular, Thankyou to Ironman for letting me review this product..

Last edited:

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Great idea, like the concept , might become popular ............ but not at $56 IMHO , I don't pay that much for my house kettle that gets used every day let alone a camping kettle that gets used 10 times a year.

underdog

Great idea, like the concept , might become popular ............ but not at $56 IMHO , I don't pay that much for my house kettle that gets used every day let alone a camping kettle that gets used 10 times a year.

Have to agree; absolutely brilliant idea and I love the handle. But I simply couldn't justify the cost.

Swaggie

Great idea, like the concept , might become popular ............ but not at $56 IMHO .

Hi Chris

After showing a dozen or more people I asked what they would pay for it, they were not even close,I think that will be a stickng point for some, but others will buy for the innovation etc etc.....Maybe in time the price will drop.The base is very well made though.Although I have two kettles I did enjoy using this one...;)

Last edited:

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Chris

After showing a dozen or more people I asked what they would pay for it, they were not even close,I think that will be a stickng point...Maybe in time the price will drop.The base is very well made though.

It really is a great idea, I love the silicon baking trays for muffins etc but to boil water it be a bit too expensive. I reckon the quickest way to get it out there and popular is to drop the price and market it via ALDI - they will sell a million of them :D, people would buy it there.

Sell a million for a little rather than a few for a lot and make a squillion , the 4WD market is a little too limited a market for a great idea.

Cheers

Swaggie

It really is a great idea, I love the silicon baking trays for muffins etc but to boil water it be a bit too expensive. I reckon the quickest way to get it out there and popular is to drop the price and market it via ALDI - they will sell a million of them :D, people would buy it there.

Sell a million for a little rather than a few for a lot and make a squillion , the 4WD market is a little too limited a market for a great idea.

Cheers

Hi mate

I was in the middle of editing my reply when you quoted me lol, all good..

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Nice concept, pricey, but innovative

Think I'll be sticking with my trusty Billy, can stick it on the stove or in the fire, and it has multiple uses such as boiling Pasta or Rice and water for the morning coffee. Don't make a habit of having stuff that only has a single use

cheers

03hilux

Why doesnt it whistle when it boils? Nothing better than a whislting kettle at 6 oclock in the morning.

I like the idea and concept. Would I pay $56 for it? I probably would.

Does it boil quicker than a regular Kettle, and does it retain its heat for just as long?

Do Ironman do mugs to match?

And finally, where do we buy the kettle?

P.S Q for IRONMAN

Is ironman looking at doing a full colapsible dinner set and/or pan set. They would be a great space saving bit of kit

Last edited:

dno67

I'm with cookie on this one, I like to leave my steel billy by the edge of the fire for hot water to do dishes or to bring it back up to boiling within a short time.

Aus_Jeep

Great idea, but at nearly double the price as to what i have seen others on fleabay for, i cant justify the extra cost for something that will only be used a handful of times each year.

Eightyeight

As convenient it may be to some, I could not justify the expense for the extra cubes.
I combat with a billy that stores things in it.

Great idea, just a rough point on the cost.

Cheers for the review Swaggie

Checkout my ride in My Colorado build Thread!!!

wopalx

I like the idea.

I broke the handle of my kettle in the drawers first time i used the damn thing on a trip away, it was a mm or two too tall. So then I used the trusty billy and I learnt very slowly, and had several instances of reminders too, that the f**king handle gets hot :mad:

As such $55 for a collapsable kettle seems good value for $ in my opinion given I'm a clumsy dumb ass :)

Thanks for the review.

chris_stoffa

4x4 Earth Contributer
^^^^

There's the correct marketing approach right there - Collapsible Silicon kettle for clumsy dumb asses :D:D:D

Sell a million of em ya will :D

03hilux

I like the idea.

I broke the handle of my kettle in the drawers first time i used the damn thing on a trip away, it was a mm or two too tall. So then I used the trusty billy and I learnt very slowly, and had several instances of reminders too, that the f**king handle gets hot :mad:

As such $55 for a collapsable kettle seems good value for $ in my opinion given I'm a clumsy dumb ass :)

Thanks for the review.

The $55 you would spend on the kettle could be better spent on 1/2 sheet of ply and lift the sides and top on your drawers.:)

03hilux

^^^^

There's the correct marketing approach right there - Collapsible Silicon kettle for clumsy dumb asses :D:D:D

Sell a million of em ya will :D

But wouldnt these "clumsy dumb asses" keep the kettle warm next to the fire?

"Sell a million of em ya will" - I see your point.

Now, where do we buy shares in this Collapsible products industry?:D