Invite - Clubkhana / Charity Fundraiser

boxxy51

Hi all
Only just signed up on this site and have been made feel very welcome

I am a member of The Motley Crew 4wd and Social Club and on the 2nd - 5th October we are holding a Clubkhana at Glendon 4wd and Camping Grounds, Thane, Qld (just outside of Warwick) This weekend is a long weend for NSW residents but not Qld unfortunately, but we are hoping Qlders will take the extra day to stay and enjoy and help us out with this very worthy cause. The NRL Grand Final will be shown live on a big screen courtesy of a projector and satellite dish supplied by one of our members.

The cost for camping Friday, Saturday and Sunday night is $80 per vehicle per camp site and $100 for powered sites (powered sites are a first in first served basis). If you intend coming in a group we would need to know how many you estimate will be in that group, so we can try and keep you together.

Proceeds from the event will go to the Kim Walters Choices Program. The Choices Program is a free community service regardless of where treatment has been undertaken and offers support for women and men diagnosed with breast cancer and women diagnosed with gynaecological cancers and their families. We are also supporting the Prostate Research facility at The Wesley Hospital.

These deadly diseases affect thousands of people every year and need the support of community efforts such as this to be able to continue the excellent work they do. It affects people dear to us, people we know and people we don’t know.

The clubkhana events will consist of 6 events that can be done in the competitors own time and convenience. Events that are planned are designed to be done by any type of
4wd, thus bringing everybody together on a level playing field. They are fun, strategic type events and do not involve your “normal” 4wd competitions. Luck will certainly play a part in the outcomes as well as skill. We are encouraging the ladies to participate in these events as the weekend is primarily focused on fund raising for breast cancer.
Each vehicle would need to have 2 people (driver and for want of a better word, navigator)

There will be individual prizes for the winner of each section plus a major winner overall (on completion of all 6 events) as well as a team/club overall winner. Teams / Clubs would need to nominate 4 vehicles to represent their club or team. Clubs can nominate as many teams as they have numbers for. Teams can be made up of individuals attending that want to form a “group” at the time or just a mob of mates and give themselves a group name for the event. Why not have a couple of 4x4earth forum teams? We have put out the challenge to the different forums that our members are involved with.

All team members score will be counted towards the individual score as well so that as they are doing the events for the team, they are also doing the event as an individual for their own personal score.

Registrations are now open for the weekend and can be done on our website themotleycrew.info (add the www. at the front)and follow the charity do link. Alterantively you can put your name down here, and I will email more info. By putting your names in here, it will show the other forum members that there is interest and other 4x4 earth forum members attending.

There is an EARLY BIRD PRIZE DRAW for those that register and pay before 31st August

1st Prize – 1 set of Pink Maxtrax (specially made for this event by Maxtrax)

2nd Prize – Hot Lap at Qld Raceway in Planbuilds team Lotus race car

3rd Prize – Megapulse First Aid for Rust

To make this a success we need YOU the 4wding community to say YES we want to be part of this. What a great way to show that we as 4wding individuals are not just about going bush and carving up the countryside (as so many of the “ordinary people believe”). We have the chance to show that we are community minded as well and care about what goes on around us.

Any further information can be obtained by contacting me at boxxy @ y 7mail.com (no spaces - cannot post links here yet)or mobile 0412766919

Thank you all
Boxxy

boxxy51

Just want to jump in here and use this space to list and acknowledge the sponsors that are donating goods and services to the event. These will be used as raffle prizes, auction items or for event prizes. 100% of proceeds from goods donated will go to the charities

Thank You to the following sponsors for their support
(this will be added to as the list grows)

4WDTV IS COVERING THIS EVENT

****FURNITURE COURT**** MAJOR SPONSOR********
Furniture Court are holding thier annual charity auction at the end of September and half the proceeds will go to this cause and half to another charity of their choosing.
DO NOT want to put the hoodoo on here but the last auction raised in excess of $20,000 for their selected charity at the time
*** MEGAPULSE - FAB Unit (value $119) and FAR Unit (value$229) page202 4wdaction Magazine issue 133
*** MAXTRAX - 2 sets of PINK Maxtrax (value $600)
*** WESTLINE FURNITURE- Deluxe Office Chair (rrp $349)
*** AUSFURN - Soccer ball lounge chair and foot rest (rrp $399)
*** OZTENT - CR1 shower tents x 5 for event use and 2 x prizes (value $550 rrp)
*** ARB - Compressor ($349) Speedy Seal Puncture Kit ($60)
*** COUPLERTEC - 3 x $250 vouchers (Total value $750)
*** DIM FURNITURE - 1 Coffee Table (value $199 RRP)
*** BEADLOCK AUST P/L - Dynamica Winch Extension Rope (value TBA)
*** ELECTRONIC RUST PREVENTION SYSTEMS - 6 coupler rust prevention system(value $550) + 10 x pkts Flexiclamps ($29.50 rrp ea) (TOAL VALUE $845)
*** OZ PIG - Oz pig plus diffuser (Value $295)
*** DREAM POT - 3ltr dream pot (Value $155)
*** HEMA MAPS - 5 X Hema Atlas + 5 X Hema country maps (VALUE TBA)
*** PLANBUILD HOMES PTY LTD - 4 x hot lap certificates in the Queensland House and Land racing team’s Lotus at a value of $1500
*** P7 OFFROAD - 2 x 4wd Driver Training courses (non accredited) for 2 people (Value $470)
*** BATTERY WORLD/CENTURY - Certificate for any Century battery (to the VALUE of $250)

The following organisations or businesses are providing services on the day or holding an event to coincide with our fund raising efforts.

**CLEO THE CLOWN - Kids face painting FREE on Sunday 4th October
**CANNON HILL BOWLS CLUB -Bowls day Sat 3rd Oct,all proceeds to tally of funds

The following businesses, individuals and organisations have made a cash donation to the event

*** ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE EXHAUSTS at Brendale - $500
*** SJCHILUX & ELISABETH McGROGAN - $100

More as they come in

Cheers all
Boxxy

Last edited:

4x4junki

I too would have been in on that but i work 2 weeks on and 2 off and guess what ..... i'm on those days, i get home on the 7th.

I hope you generate some interest from here and good luck with your event. :)

boxxy51

Mate would have loved to come down but already have a prior booking that I can't change.

Cheers

I too would have been in on that but i work 2 weeks on and 2 off and guess what ..... i'm on those days, i get home on the 7th.

I hope you generate some interest from here and good luck with your event. :)

Isn't that always the way though LOL
C'mon the rest of you - anyone want to jump in and help a worthwhile charity and have some fun but most of all, get out into the countryside for the weekend
Would have thought there might have been a little more interest with 4wdtv covering the event

Cheers all
Boxxy

boxxy51

As the date of the event is drawing near, just though I would give this a bump along and see if there was anyone out there interested in attending?

Cheers all
Boxxy

gonzo

Sorry mate - wanted to go, but our company is switching over it's main software system that weekend and us IT guys have been "told" that we'd better be around .... :mad:bu99er! Had 3 other vehicles wanting to go, but they've had to pull out for various reasons as well - 'sides, it's unfortunatley not a long weekend up here in Qld :p . Hope it goes well, would like to try to make the next one.:D

boxxy51

Sorry mate - wanted to go, but our company is switching over it's main software system that weekend and us IT guys have been "told" that we'd better be around .... :mad:bu99er! Had 3 other vehicles wanting to go, but they've had to pull out for various reasons as well - 'sides, it's unfortunatley not a long weekend up here in Qld :p . Hope it goes well, would like to try to make the next one.:D

Always the same mate unfortunately but thank you for you best wishes, we too hope it goes well. The list is slowly growing and would like to think we can get a lot more interest
Re: your comment on long weekend - yes, we knew we may be up against it but most of the long weekends this year were full with comps etc so we thought we would still give it a go - maybe next year for a long weekend

Cheers and thanks
Boxxy

kiwijaz

Would like to come will see how i go the Mrs just started a new job so not sure if she can get the time off, i usually have no prob getting time off will let you know. It is the weekend of my birthday so what a better way to spend my birthday!!

boxxy51

Would like to come will see how i go the Mrs just started a new job so not sure if she can get the time off, i usually have no prob getting time off will let you know. It is the weekend of my birthday so what a better way to spend my birthday!!

Would be great to see you there if you can organise it
Everything is coming together quite well now so should be a top weekend

Be great if we can get 3 others at least from this forum to form a team

Cheers
Boxxy51

boxxy51

Hi everyone
As you all know Furniture Court are the major Sponsors of our Charity Clubkhana
Their offer initially was to sponsor the event but with no pre determined $ amount. The $ amount was to be determined by the amount they could raise by holding a charity auction at their annual presentation night with half proceeds going to us to add to our tally and the other half to the Chinese Orphanage Assistance Team(C.O.A.T.S.)
That presentation and auction night was held last night and I am pleased to announce that as a result of their efforts, the overall total raised was $15,120 making the total contribution coming to us in the form of sponsorship is:
$7,500
In addition to that, Acme Furniture, one of the suppliers to Furniture Court has pledged to raise the total to overall to $20,000 if our member stores order 20 of a particular lounge suite today at the Furniture Mart that they hold 3 times a year. So if that does occur, our tally could reach $10,060. Will let you know how that goes.

In total we now have Donations and Sponsorships of $9,860 in cash or cheque, with all money raised at the Charity Clubkhana to be added to it.
What a fantastic result so far, so thank you everyone for your efforts and the time you are giving up to make this all possible, raffle tickets are selling well as we have over $5,000 worth of prizes plus over $2,500 to auction.

Cheers all and hope to see some of you there
Boxxy

kiwijaz

Sorry im not going to be able to make it unfortunatly neither of us have been able to get the time off work.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sorry im not going to be able to make it unfortunatly neither of us have been able to get the time off work.

Too bad. Specially now the diff is shagged. I too would have been in on this one but have a prior comittment. Would be a great weekend.