Internal fridge dividers

Anyone made a good 12v fridge organiser/storage set up? I’ve got 80L of internal space that look nice when setting off but after a few days I a total sh*t fight as in the morning the want all the stuff on the bottom and by the evening it’s all switched around...

dno67

One of the advantages of running two or more smaller fridges.
If your after mesh dividers, think about cutting up some old house
fridge shelves to suit, or try getting some mesh baskets.

dabbler

I like the idea ilif a cut down fridge shelf for larger fridges and eskies. If stuff really is rotating between top and bottom, try adding a horizontal divider too. I have always used cardboard box cut to size to separate cans and bottles both vertical and horizontal (even in my tucker box). The plastic insert found in some reusable shopping bags night last longer.

Thanks guys. Actually a few dedicated plastic containers is a good idea. They would be the best counter to the rotating problem. Only
Issue is not sure we (little children especially) would have the patience to keep using them. Mesh dividers could be good (maybe a hanging basket life a chest freezer) - not so sure about cardboard though due to condensation. Trying to think of a way to use thin ply.

smitty_r51

we have all our veg in the tuperware fridgesmarts (get the ones with the ridges in the bottom) keeps it fresh for weeks. That sorts half the fridge, then beer at the bottom and the lighter stuff on top, again, using boxes where we can.

dno67

Thanks guys. Actually a few dedicated plastic containers is a good idea. They would be the best counter to the rotating problem. Only
Issue is not sure we (little children especially) would have the patience to keep using them. Mesh dividers could be good (maybe a hanging basket life a chest freezer) - not so sure about cardboard though due to condensation. Trying to think of a way to use thin ply.
You could try core flute panel, you can get it in different thicknesses. Easy to cut, but not so easy to join.

Anyone made a good 12v fridge organiser/storage set up? I’ve got 80L of internal space that look nice when setting off but after a few days I a total sh*t fight as in the morning the want all the stuff on the bottom and by the evening it’s all switched around...
Just outa curiosity What brand of fridge is it that they didn't have dividers etc

Ok am thinking I might go at it a few ways at once. Tupaware for veggies, a false floor with a hinge for frozen stuff and a couple (at least) of stackable hanging baskets
Just outa curiosity What brand of fridge is it that they didn't have dividers etc
trailblaza. They’re completely bare inside

sharkcaver

Lately, I've been using a combo of 2+3L systema's. They stack well and it makes it far easier to remove ones down below rather a big ball of spaghetti for loose stuff thrown in there. I also use 4L goon cartons. They are great for cans and flat, vac packed meats. You can fit 4 cans in a 4L goon carton on one level, then add a cardboard divider (cut from another goon box), and you get 4 on the top layer too. Also stops the cans rattling about (I've never lost one in a goon box) It's all I use for cans and the cardboard is semi waterproof. They seem to last forever and never go soggy to the point I have to drink another goonie ;). Add a small blower fan to the fridge with some trunking and have the top of the fridge at the same temp as the bottom too. PS - I never run mine as a freezer, so you can disregard the fan if you do. Forget the mega exe tupperware, grab the systema klip it's from woolies when on special. they are constantly discounted 50% - as they appear to be right now:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/160295/sistema-klip-it-plasticware-rectangle

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/174313/sistema-klip-it-plasticware

(the difference in the 2 and 3L is only in height. So they occupy the same footprint)

FYI - I can fit a 6 pack of eggs in their carton, (sideways) a packet of sliced cheese and some bacon on top of that in a 2L systema. Seems to keep the eggs from vibrating to the point of breakage. That's breakfast almost sorted then, in one container.

Liberal use of zip lock plastic bags for individual items within those systemas will stop cross contamination (such as different types of meat). Then throw the used ziplocks in the fire so you dont have to cart rubbish out with you.

landfill or greenhouse gas....oh the conundrum. Screw it, just turn them into carbon ;)

Last edited:
Agree with the Tupperware/Sistema solution. I also have a bunch of $2 off-cuts of foam from Clarke Rubber to wedge in there. The foam stops rattles, prevents breakage and movement. Take extra as it comes into its own keeping it all together when you start getting through stuff. Just make sure you leave it out in the sun for a while when you're done as it does get wet from condensation.