Interesting Utube vids - just for entertainment, of course!

mikehzz

Impressive, Done very well
See the guy has a compressor blowing air into some of the mechanicals like the clutch housing to keep the water out. You can hear it being switched on as he enters the water on a few occasions. He talks about it in some of the comments.

Albynsw

See the guy has a compressor blowing air into some of the mechanicals like the clutch housing to keep the water out. You can hear it being switched on as he enters the water on a few occasions. He talks about it in some of the comments.

Yes I thought it was an air locker at first .
Gunshot was a bit brutal, I take the chicken track as don’t have the inclination to punish my vehicle unnecessarily.
His misses was right into too :cool: She’s a keeper

mikehzz

Yes I thought it was an air locker at first .
Gunshot was a bit brutal, I take the chicken track as don’t have the inclination to punish my vehicle unnecessarily.
His misses was right into too :cool: She’s a keeper
The Subi does have an air locker in the back and a special lsd in the front as well so it is pretty souped up. Still it was pretty well submerged on a few of the crossings, it was very early in the season and it kept on going. I've been out with a lot of Subis and seen them do some good stuff, but that was next level.

shanegtr

My line of work I get to play with plenty of expensive technology for monitoring machine condition. One of the more recent ones is called motion amplification which has only been commercially available since around 2017. It uses a high speed camera to capture a video - we typically use 100 frames per second in Australia - 120 in the US, but we can shoot up to 1300FPS at a reduced resolution. Then the software processes it and amplifies any movement that's picked up - sensitivity is 2.5microns at 1metre with a 50mm lens. The software looks at each pixel and compares the change from one frame to the next in order to create the amplified motion. Anyway, this is what the end result looks like:
The motion here is the pump motor run speed that's running at around 1000rpm. That back and forth motion is happening at around 17Hz (17 times a second)