INEOS Grenadier.

Grenadier

• Total voters

cam04

I’m wondering if the extended wheelbase/chassis extension is going to make it stupidly expensive. The engineering is being done correctly on that one in any event.

peterfermtech

Nice looking factory. I did a couple of shortish stints at GMH Dandenong back in 74. Can't remember the factory looking like that.

linuxfan66

this guy is interesting. he pointed out the flex and approach angles are worse than he expected for a solid axle. he made comments about not having factory 35s, but i have my doubts factory 35s ever being sold here

cam04

this guy is interesting. he pointed out the flex and approach angles are worse than he expected for a solid axle. he made comments about not having factory 35s, but i have my doubts factory 35s ever being sold here
To be fair Ineos have said from the start that hardcore 4wd ers would be disappointed because they are not the target market.

linuxfan66

To be fair Ineos have said from the start that hardcore 4wd ers would be disappointed because they are not the target market.
oh yeah i forgot to mention. he didnt like the lack of space to fit a double sized extra range fuel tank. feels not having extra range tanks he is not great. wasnt big fan of battery and fuse box being under the back seat because it wasnt in a waterproof box so vulnerable to water crossings and he couldnt remove the back sat to increase seating capacity. honestly watercrossings arent an intended use case and removing the rear seat is extreme niche so...meh

Last edited:

LongRoad2Go

That was a pretty fair assessment. As he mentioned: the driver displays need to be upfront and in analog, the fuel range increased, under body dangles fixed, and, that battery idea essentially makes a ute version impossible - so should be addressed ASAP.

Eight speed? That could be very nice! Toyota watch out, there's two players on your heals (Ineos and Mahindra).

linuxfan66

That was a pretty fair assessment. As he mentioned: the driver displays need to be upfront and in analog, the fuel range increased, under body dangles fixed, and, that battery idea essentially makes a ute version impossible - so should be addressed ASAP.

Eight speed? That could be very nice! Toyota watch out, there's two players on your heals (Ineos and Mahindra).
i agree on the drive train

mikehzz

To be fair, the talk about him was outright insulting, and by people who probably don't actually know him, just impressions drawn from electronic media. That's not a good look from our community either. Think what you like about anyone on here but it should end there. The video in question confirmed my impression of the car and wouldn't put me off except for the fuel range issue. 33's are plenty big enough for me.

cam04

To be fair, the talk about him was outright insulting, and by people who probably don't actually know him, just impressions drawn from electronic media. That's not a good look from our community either. Think what you like about anyone on here but it should end there. The video in question confirmed my impression of the car and wouldn't put me off except for the fuel range issue. 33's are plenty big enough for me.
No, my impressions of him are from direct conversations with him. If you are going to pretend be fair at least be accurate.

mikehzz

No, my impressions of him are from direct conversations with him. If you are going to pretend be fair at least be accurate.
I said probably, and irrespective of any of that, my comment stands, there should be no slagging off other forum members, and he is a member. Do you have a problem with that comment?

cam04

I said probably, and irrespective of any of that, my comment stands, there should be no slagging off other forum members, and he is a member. Do you have a problem with that comment?
Again, in the interests of accuracy and transparency, I was simply almost verbatim repeating his own words - so if you find that upsetting I’d suggest you look elsewhere for the cause. I am happy to move on but every now and then one of his sycophants drags it all up again…….totally agree there should be no slagging off, if you want to go back and see where it started, it wasn’t me who tee’d off in the first place either but I’m happy to give as good as I get. I have nothing to hide, it is all on public record. Have a great day.

Last edited:

G_ute