INEOS Grenadier.

Grenadier

• Total voters

discomatt

Yes I had forgotten about the online availability of service manuals, what about the parts supply though, no good having all the info with parts impossible to get.
But I guess with where the world is at now parts availability is a nightmare regardless of brand
Would I be right in assuming all the parts are from main stream manufacturers or are some bits very specific in which case would be near impossible to get in a hurry

Albynsw

Yes I had forgotten about the online availability of service manuals, what about the parts supply though, no good having all the info with parts impossible to get.
But I guess with where the world is at now parts availability is a nightmare regardless of brand
Would I be right in assuming all the parts are from main stream manufacturers or are some bits very specific in which case would be near impossible to get in a hurry

I think it is a fantastic concept IF there are parts readily available. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds

mikehzz

The whole marketing model is new and different so impossible to judge or speculate. A new car brand without a dealer network for spares or servicing, everything online. It may be revolutionary and totally awesome.....let's face it, who amongst us loves dealers? In theory, providing parts are delivered in a timely fashion, the service network is every workshop with an internet connection anywhere.

joshinthecity

If that article is correct only 6 months until they hit our shores :D
Word on the street is the entire Grenadier allocation for Australia for 2022 has been reserved. FFS. So it can't just be me prepared to make a leap of faith.
No doubt once pricing comes out and people get to see them in the flesh, some quantity will pull out. So I still might be in with a chance.
I'm being driven to distraction by the inability to buy what I want. Never waited more than a week for any vehicle ever before; and I've had a LOT of vehicles.

madmonk

I am always looking for my next 4WD and have been watching the Ineos for some time. I don't think I will ever be able to afford a new 4WD but willbe interested to see how these hold their resale value down the track.

In regards to spare parts, being that the engine is made by BMW and the transmission is from ZF and is the same that is used in a few vehicles available already in Australia (such as Jaguar, Jeep, Iveco, Great Wall, Haval etc.), I expect that spares should be easy enough to get.

linuxfan66

another big question: how are total failure returns handled with a dealer network. Who do i appraoch in person to "reject my purchase"?
additonally, teslas had and probably still have massive insurance premiums because of parts, will this suffer the same fate?

boobook

It will be Interesting to see.

I think they will set up 1 or 2 retail outlets per capital city, then have repairers across Australia. Apple, Samsung, fisher and pykel etc do this so you can contact the manufacturer directly.

It is an interesting model, that's for sure, and gets over the issue of having no dealers outside the capitals.

Albynsw

I think they will set up 1 or 2 retail outlets per capital city, then have repairers across Australia. Apple, Samsung, fisher and pykel etc do this so you can contact the manufacturer directly.

It is an interesting model, that's for sure, and gets over the issue of having no dealers outside the capitals.

If they execute it well it is a perfect scenario for Australia

Reactions: CTL

Krumpy

I'll have to find the link but it's said that they'll be using Polaris as the dealer network(test drives). Then using ultra tune or some mob like that as the dealer service agent

CTL

May cause a bit of a stir as it is still closed to the general public with no opening date in sight. Guess their money will talk

boobook

It really is looking better and better. That top photo from the side really does look like a Defer though.

If it's reliable, and repairablet it will be close to my perfect spec for a 4wd

Last edited:

joshinthecity

It really is looking better and better. That top photo from the side really does look like a Defer though.

If it's reliable, and repairablet it will be close to my perfect spec for a 4wd
I think It'll be reliable...
Components are well proven.
Personally though.. I'd have loved to see the Isuzu 4JJ as the engine. Gearbox and everything else can stay the same. I have no issue with the BMW 6. Just would have personally preferred the Isuzu donk. The previous generation 4JJ1 would have been particularly well-suited IMHO.

CTL

The 4JJ3 is a lot stronger. May not be much different on paper, but in use it is stronger.

hiluxxury

The Canning is technically easy. Keeping the vehicle in one piece and not running out of fuel is the challenge. I did it with a minimalist setup... no fridge or modern camping kit and still destroyed my shocks going too fast over the corrugations near Well 33. A detour out to Newman and all was fixed - it was a quick reminder for me that low speed and low weight is the key out there.

I'll be getting a grenadier. The new defender is for those who like tech, don't understand what diff locks are and think cocking a wheel in the air is 4wding. Btw... my daily is a Range Rover Sport that gets out a bit. The terrain response is ok but its no substitute for diff locks.

LongRoad2Go

Another waste of time video on the Grenadier - this time from South Africa ... driving the car through a vineyard that a clapped-out Holden Barina could easily handle.

Ineos are doing their best NOT to sell this vehicle if that's the best they can offer in regards to ability - like that other video from the UK where it's being driven through a paddock that looks like a bowling green and more cultivated dirt roads. C'mon Ineos, give us some REAL stuff!