INEOS Grenadier.

Grenadier

• Total voters
OK,
Time for an all-encompassing Grenadier thread I think.

Who has placed their reservation ?
Josh.
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 12.19.39 pm.png

mikehzz

I have a friend in my 4wd club who has put his money down so I'll have first hand experience when they get here. I'm very interested.

discomatt

I am keen for n looking at one as the next 4wd as the D4 is now almost 10 years old and no one wants to maintain or have trust ina but Le high tech 4wd but I will not put cash down until I can see , touch and drive one
On paper they look the goods

Well... I just placed my $800 where my mouth is.

7 months after I placed my order for my 76 (with an ETA of Oct 21) Not only do I not have my truck, I don't even have an allocated build slot confirmed. It's no ones fault. My dealer has been fine. But he can't give me an ETA, nor an ETA for an ETA. It's just silence from Toyota Japan. My order is in the system, but still no future build slot date confirmed. I'm out of options. I can't go on forever with absolutely no idea if / when I will get my truck.

So. I'm Team 76 AND Team Grenadier. I've been following the Grenadier closely since the very first rumblings from INEOS. I have faith.

Josh.

callmejoe

Just purchased a new Navara to replace the Y62. (interesting change I tell ya) Been watching the Grenadier for awhile. Defenity won't be purchasing the "1st addition" but will follow with interest. If it stacks up as good as they say, a competitive price then I'll start working on the wife, shes not a fan and it'll will require some convincing.

shanegtr

I like the look of it, but at the moment its only a 5 seater in the wagon so at this stage I'm not a potential buyer as I need 6 seats at a minimum.

G_ute

Not basic enough, too expensive and I have not had good experiences with BMW motors.
But there is not a lot of choice out there for a no-frills fourby.
I am only after only slightly more comfort then an ex-ADF deefer.

cam04

Ute Ute Ute Ute - tax tax tax.

if you aren’t bringing a commercial to market that caters to those of us who can afford it and gain the same financial benefit as other marques, you are not doing your market research properly. Single/extra/Twin cab, 1 tonne, out the door they go. If they don’t do that they are swimming in the little landrover (I’m a bit different) pond and not the lake that they should be with that product - which looks intriguing to be sure.

CTL

But that is in Oz. This thing will sell well in UK, Europe and USA which are far, far bigger markets (and closer) than little, distant Oz

Albynsw

Ute Ute Ute Ute - tax tax tax.

if you aren’t bringing a commercial to market that caters to those of us who can afford it and gain the same financial benefit as other marques, you are not doing your market research properly. Single/extra/Twin cab, 1 tonne, out the door they go. If they don’t do that they are swimming in the little landrover (I’m a bit different) pond and not the lake that they should be with that product - which looks intriguing to be sure.

Whilst I agree with you, do you think it will capture enough of the Patrol and Landcruiser wagon audience to do ok anyway plus there are all those who love the Landrover concept but too scared to go there.

discomatt

For me a wagon is a better fit than a ute so happy with that, who cares about any tax benefit, so what you save a couple of 1000 , buy what suits not strictly budget is my opinion, the quality or type of product is remembered a lot longer than the price

cam04

Whilst I agree with you, do you think it will capture enough of the Patrol and Landcruiser wagon audience to do ok anyway plus there are all those who love the Landrover concept but too scared to go there.
I don’t know how much is enough but I see them selling more utes than wagons if they get them right. I always said if the 130 twin cab was built by Toyota every tradie would own one. That was before the twin cab cruiser was created, but there is definitely room for some market share if they bring a decent product.

linuxfan66

i suspect getting spare parts in a hurry that arent in another car sold in our local market is gonna be total pain when stuff needs replacing though...

discomatt

i suspect getting spare parts in a hurry that arent in another car sold in our local market is gonna be total pain when stuff needs replacing though...
That is the main thing putting me off at this point, at least with my D4 I can get spares easily from OS, LR dealers, LR aftermarket all over Australia and all Ford dealers have numerous parts that are interchangeable.
I think it would be a few years at best before parts would be readily available here but having said that , no parts should be required for a few year except things like filters which would be available at any Repco or the like

discomatt

I don’t know how much is enough but I see them selling more utes than wagons if they get them right. I always said if the 130 twin cab was built by Toyota every tradie would own one. That was before the twin cab cruiser was created, but there is definitely room for some market share if they bring a decent product.
I have said for years if any manufacturer could build a 4wd with LR engineering, Toyota reliability and Nissan running gear strength I would jump on it, hopefully we finally have the 4wd we all want

Albynsw

That is the main thing putting me off at this point, at least with my D4 I can get spares easily from OS, LR dealers, LR aftermarket all over Australia and all Ford dealers have numerous parts that are interchangeable.
I think it would be a few years at best before parts would be readily available here but having said that , no parts should be required for a few year except things like filters which would be available at any Repco or the like

I read they have a system that any mechanic can log on and order parts and access manuals. If that is the case surely that is equal or better than the LR option isn’t it? Basically any mechanic becomes a dealer service agent